Mooring Cover/Model

Greg23LSB

Reaction score
Our new 23LSB should be in sometime in March. I want to get a mooring cover that will cover all decks and come down below the rub rail all the way around. I have a tentative appointment at a local shop that does great work with a price of 2,000.00. They've made 2 covers for me in the past. I see a number of covers online, not sure of the quality but top of the line prices about half of the local custom shop. The other challenge with purchasing online is the model. Bennington and 2022 model year can be selected on most sites but I have yet to see any LSB models listed. I'm wondering if anyone has purchased a cover online you are happy with and also what would be the closest model to the 23LSB to get the best fit? Thanks

I have not purchased one online ,but my dealers canvas shop made a Sunbrella for my 2014 ,23 RCW .Today $2000.00 doesn't sound bad knowing what was paid for mine ( warranty )

I'm with Jack. Get your shop to make you a Sunbrella cover. It's a premium breathable durable fabric. Because of this you don't need vents.

I had vents on mine . If you don't have vents wouldn't the poles eventually wear out the material?

The local shop actually uses a material other than Sunbrella, they've found its more durable and water repellant but still breathable. The cover I had on the Crownline was 5 years old and still like new with zero water penetration. The only downside to it is that it's a bit heavier. I'm a little concerned what the cover will weigh however it seems covers might be easier to put on and take off on a Pontoon boat than a fiberglass boat?

For my future reference ,do you know what the name of that fabric is ,? Thanks

As an interior designer, I work with Sunbrella fabrics … a fantastic product, light weight, fade resistant, durable and bleach cleanable. This past year we have experienced back order delays of up to 36-40 weeks depending upon the selection.

Curious what your shop recommends? Based on Sunbrella pricing, I’ll bet you would pay that amount alone just for the fabric.

Either way, I suggest you inquire with your local shop- specialty material availability may be an issue.

Maybe have them modify the factory cover with extensions. Might save some $$$.

Maybe have them modify the factory cover with extensions. Might save some $$$.
I was thinking the same thing Semp. At first I thought that's what he wanted to do but then he started talking about having another cover made.....

I almost had an extension made for the bow on my 2020 ,because I was concerned about the uncovered flooring fading. Then I remembered the 10 year warranty. What I didn't think about was polen when it rains . What a mess that was . I'm most likely going to have it done on the new one

Back