Mooring cover strap

tercel

Reaction score
What is the strap for on the stern end of the cover? Also, any secrets to water pooling on mooring cover? I can not raise the post any higher , but still have a "puddling" problem in the ster starboard corner.

That's what the strap is for. Clips in corners, and loops over Bimini to hold corners up.

That will solve your pooling problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a thumb latch on the end of the alum pole. Flip it loose and you can extend the pole about 12 inches. Then relock it. This will do the job.

I also would like to know what the strap is for. I think it is ther if you want to fold the cover and use the strap to secure it.

Nope, see above. It's used to hold the corners of the mooring cover up.

I can't believe how many dealers must not show this to their new buyers ???????

I had one on my 09 2075GLi, never had a clue, traded it in on my 2012 RCW, finally knew what it was for from being on here, and it didn't have one! Haha we'll see what the new one has!

I also did not know what they were for until reding about them on this forum. My strap was located in the helm door when I brought it home and the dealer never mentioned it to me either. Good luck they should be in the boat somewhere.

Same here, got the strap, and the clips but did not have a clue.

Thanks, Semper Fi! I had an idea that s what it was for, but it just didn't look very "bennington" to me.
Yeah, but you know the old motto ..... K.I.S.S. ..... not that i'm calling anyone stupid, but it's simple and it works.

Back