My first Bennington

Great boat. Congratulations.

Opps. I didn't realize you bought a boat like that...

You will also need a parachute to slow the boat down.

Wow, very nice.

Wow. That long list of stuff matches what we keep on our boat almost 100%! I don't have pepper though. Salt, yes. Pepper no.

I have just about the same list, but no salt or pepper. One of our storage areas is dedicated to my wife's "hospitality" supplies. :)

That must be Mr.T. :cool:

Well I don't know about that! He didn't want a boat! I'm hoping to make him a boating fan!

[QUOTE="Debbie T, post: He didn't want a boat! I'm hoping to make him a boating fan![/QUOTE]

If he doesn't become a fan,... I'd just keep the boat.

Thanks for posting, Debbie. She looks like a beauty! Have a terrific summer...

Beautiful boat! We have the same midnight black with champagne accent and seagrass combination and we love it. You mentioned that your boat is a 2016 with a new Mercury motor. What happen to the original motor??

Them is divorce words. Who doesn't want a boat?

Kidding, of course. Very nice boat!

Welcome! Great quality boat. You'll love it and it's the best-looking boat in the lake. Yes try to take the safety course. USCG Auxiliary gives one, or online. If it wasn't mentioned, I think also a boat hook, a paddle (floating), your emerg stuff (audible horn, flares, etc.) as well as more fun stuff like plastic snack platters with ice-holder beneath, coolers on wheels and Tervis makes thermal wine glasses with lids! Have a great summer!

Congrats! We also made the switch from inboards to the pontoon world (can't see us ever going back)! I don't notice any difference in handling due to fuel level, but now maybe I will?? My experience with boats has been with an I/O, you can forward or reverse in any directions and the boat will react as you logically expect it to. The inboards required a new philosophy due to the position of the rudder behind the prop. I felt that you needed to be more assertive when docking and use power to steer it and reverse to slow down, but no steering in reverse. This was a tough lesson to learn, but I came to really embrace it. Pontoon docking has caused more blood pressure spikes, poor role model behavior and choice words, than really any grown man should admit to. :( What I've learned is you need to ask nicely, be patient, and hope it will go where you would like it to. We don't have much current to deal with, but the wind does come into play almost 99% of the time. Get two telescoping grab hooks, competent/understanding crew mates, and understand that your new floating couch is in charge, and only will take suggestions from you when docking! :D

While we are spending your money...we bought the previous model of this tube, and we couldn't be happier. Only the three spheres touch the water, so the platform is suspended in the air. It's very stable, so even very young kids (with an adult) can safely and happily ride at slow speeds. 1-3 riders at a time. Straps to help get on the tube while in the water. This is a really nice feature, because many of the new tubes are very difficult to get back on in deep water. Can be incredibly lively with kids/adults that want a thrilling ride. Can be towed in two different directions to give it a different ride.

Cons: PRICE $$$ and the size of it, it's huge. We have to deflate it at the end of the day, so a high volume pump is a must as well.

Have fun!

www.hosports.com/product-detail.php?id=tubes-molecule

I had not seen or heard of the molecule before. Looks great. What speeds can it handle? For teens/adults that wanting a bit of a thrilling ride, can you go fast enough with it to do so based on its materials and construction?

I had not seen or heard of the molecule before. Looks great. What speeds can it handle? For teens/adults that wanting a bit of a thrilling ride, can you go fast enough with it to do so based on its materials and construction?

We have 1 year in on the previous model, “The Atom”. It held up great, I’m watching the stitching, but so far so good. On the aggressive side, my cocky 11 year old, 24 & 26 year old nephews have had some hellacious rides. The only complaint is their legs wear on the spheres when riding on them, but it seems they addressed that on the molecule with additional or different material. Regardless, it’s by far the best tube we’ve owned in 40+ years. As you know, it’s the centrifugal speed they reach that’s deadly, so it doesn’t take much to get them screaming around a corner. Without additional contracting waves, it’s never flipped. Just sheer safe terror! We are blessed with enough power to pull anything we want, so I’m not sure how this would do with less. The main problem we have is wake, or lack-there-of, since we create very little, we need to stalk the wakeboard and I/O’s to get them airborne. But regardless, I completely endorse this ride. If you need more proof, show up at our pier....make sure your suits are tied up!!

Back