Navigation Lights

Boat is on lake during boating season so can’t get under docking lights until taken out in the fall.
You can’t get near the beach/bank edge and walk/look underneath????

Back at lake and replaced a dead fuse/breaker by the battery. All lights working now except green navigation light. Pontoon is in lake so can’t check power to green light
Are you saying you cant walk in the water?? I go under my boat all the time to scrub the toons clean. I can get to my connections easily.

Yep, don’t want to risk going under the bow and messing with wiring and hope wave doesn’t come in. Everything works now except green light so think it’s bulb. Bennington drawer says have to remove assembly to change bulb but don’t have to replace assembly.

Let me know how that works out. The attwood plastic housing under there is no longer made. Thus the reason I had to retro fit mine.

Under the deck under the light there are two electrical circuits feeding that housing. One for the nav light, and another for the led docking lights. They are interchangeable so unplug and swap to see if the nav light turns on with the docking light switch on. The photo below shows the two plugs. You can see where I added a green led behind the old housing to replace mine that burned out.

This is what I used for my plastic housing light. DEE0A97F-DF6B-46C8-B8CA-5DFA8EC046A7.jpeg

Ca
Under the deck under the light there are two electrical circuits feeding that housing. One for the nav light, and another for the led docking lights. They are interchangeable so unplug and swap to see if the nav light turns on with the docking light switch on. The photo below shows the two plugs. You can see where I added a green led behind the old housing to replace mine that burned out
Did you swap the connector under there to the docking lights to see if those are working? I recently had one of my navigation lights burn out and unfortunately that led module isn’t made any longer. I did a work around and it works great now. I did a post on it
This is what I used for my plastic housing light. View attachment 33360
This is what I used for my plastic housing light. View attachment 33360
Is your assembly similar to the one I have? Posted a picture early in this post.

I have the same year boat and the same stainless docking/nav light assembly as you. What michiman posted isn’t what you need. Unfortunately attwood who makes the black nav light housing that is part of the stainless assembly did not make it where a new led could be replaced/serviceable. They changed the housing size and shape now too which is why I retrofitted my existing housing with a new green led. The bottom plate to the attwood assembly no longer screws on since the led blocks the whole but since it’s a marine sealed unit I wasn’t worried about that little plastic plate going back on.

Last edited:
I have the same year boat and the same stainless docking/nav light assembly as you. What michiman posted isn’t what you need. Unfortunately attwood who makes the black nav light housing that is part of the stainless assembly did not make it where a new led could be replaced/serviceable. They changed the housing size and shape now too which is why I retrofitted my existing housing with a new green led. The bottom plate to the attwood assembly no longer screws on since the led blocks the whole but since it’s a marine sealed unit I wasn’t worried about that little plastic plate going back on.

Thanks. Saw your post earlier but wasn’t sure if you had same boat. Was the light you bought on Amazon a standard green led? If I have questions once I start this would you prefer I ask on your other post instead of this on?

It was the green one. I don’t think there were many choices. Feel free to ask wherever or send me a direct message

Ca

Is your assembly similar to the one I have? Posted a picture early in this post.
Sorry about confusing the issue. No, mine is the plastic housing.

I just had both navigation and docking lights replaced in the same docking lights by dealer but I have a 2017 R23

Back