Need ladder for 2013 20SL - was damaged and can't find exact one

MarkH42

Reaction score
Our 2013 Bennington 20SL was involved in a FREAK accident. A contractor towing a trailer and turning around in our steep driveway got stuck and nudged the boat (sitting on the trailer) sending it over a short retaining wall and careening down a hill where it slammed into our deck. The damage was minimal, all things considered, but the ladder needs to be replaced. I have attached a pic and this one has a curve on one side. We would like to go back with this exact ladder. Any ideas where we could find one like this? Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

• Bennington 20SL Ladder Pic.jpg
    Bennington 20SL Ladder Pic.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 47
You can try greatlakesskipper.com or your dealer .

There should be a tag on the ladder with the manufacturers name. You could see if they deal directly or can direct you to a distributor if dealer doesn’t pan out.

Check out Bearcat corporation. I’ll bet money that in 2013 Bennington was using them for the OEM ladders. Even if they weren’t, they can make you one exactly like what you have.

Last edited:
Another vote for Bearcat Corp. All I had to do was send them a picture to them and the year/model of the boat. They had the new lower section to me in less than 2 weeks

If you have not found a ladder by now I have a one off the new version of your boat. I tore it off my new SL to make room for modifications. The newer ladder has a small sundeck that is 43 inches wide (see photo). I only want a few dollars for it.

1642139208306.jpeg

Hmmmm......that might work. Your timing is great because I am headed down there tonight to work on a few things and I'll consider this. Thanks and I'll be in touch.

Mark

If the original poster does not want it, I do. I have dents in mine, and it's only a 3-step. (Was going to replace it this year). Kindly let me know, and we can work out the details.

Click on their name or the envelope at the top of the page,start new conversation.

If the original poster does not want it, I do. I have dents in mine, and it's only a 3-step. (Was going to replace it this year). Kindly let me know, and we can work out the details.
Hi Do you still have your dented ladder? I need a ladder for my 2013 20SL . I f so could you please send a picture and price? Thanks Warren

Attachments

• pontoonLadder.jpg
    pontoonLadder.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 9
This thread is over 1 year old ,you can try to send a pm to the OP.

I see the post, however, I don’t think the ladder that I have will work for you. It has a swim platform at the top.
What you should probably do is contact the Bearcat Corporation. They are the ones that make them for BENNINGTON, and probably have the exact one you are looking for. I got mine on a “scratch and dent“ and saved a lot of money. If they don’t have one, they will make you one as well.

www.bearcatcorp.com

Last edited:
I see the post, however, I don’t think the ladder that I have will work for you. It has a swim platform at the top.
What you should probably do is contact the Bearcat Corporation. They are the ones that make them for BENNINGTON, and probably have the exact one you are looking for. I got mine on a “scratch and dent“ and saved a lot of money. If they don’t have one, they will make you one as well.

www.bearcatcorp.con
just ordered a "Factory 2nd" (new but may have small scratch or discolored anodizing) for my 2017 for $390.

Our 2013 Bennington 20SL was involved in a FREAK accident. A contractor towing a trailer and turning around in our steep driveway got stuck and nudged the boat (sitting on the trailer) sending it over a short retaining wall and careening down a hill where it slammed into our deck. The damage was minimal, all things considered, but the ladder needs to be replaced. I have attached a pic and this one has a curve on one side. We would like to go back with this exact ladder. Any ideas where we could find one like this? Thanks in advance for the help!
The ladders are manufactured by BEAR CAT. They are in Goshin, In.

Back