Need replacement for OEM 2010 Bennington GLi Garmin 95 depth finder

Brian on Lyman Lake

Reaction score
My factory installed (in dashboard) Garmin 95 recently allowed water / dampness to collect in the unit. Screen now in milky cloudy and can only see a portion of the screen. Unit is now only registering intermittently, and I have to turn off via the ACC switch and back on. After 10 years, unfortunately I may need to replace it. I'd prefer to keep the boat as close to 'original' as possible. Does anyone know if Garmin still make a similar model to replace; or is there is a source to buy "old new" OEM unit? OR, has anyone had similar moisture problems and been able to dismantle their Garmin 95 and successfully dry it out?

Feebay/Facebook Marketplace/Craigslist is probably your best bet. The 100 is basically the same. I think it’s the 534DV that will “almost” fit with very minor trimming. I did it with a pocket knife saw on my last boat. You would have to change the transducer though.

I replaced my Garmin 95 and still have the head. Pay for the shipping and its yours. Happy to have it go to a good home instead of throwing it out. Not familiar with the forum but if there's a way to PM me, we can get this done.

I replaced my Garmin 95 and still have the head. Pay for the shipping and its yours. Happy to have it go to a good home instead of throwing it out. Not familiar with the forum but if there's a way to PM me, we can get this done.
BensBenny, yes I am interested. I am new to this Club site so haven't figured any way to communicate but to reply here.
My email is: BrianLymanLake@gmail.com We are trailering our boat on Saturday 9/05 to vacation in TN on a TVA lake that we are not familiar, so plugging in your head would be a quick fix. Thanks,
BrianGarmin 95 Front Screen 1.jpgGarmin 95 Front 4.5 inch Width.jpgGarmin 95 Front 5 inch Heigth 8-2020.jpg

To send PM:
Sender: Click on the users name, then click start conversation. The receiver will get a notification at top of page on the “mail” icon.

This is helpful information, does anyone have any recommendations and/or experience w/Garmin 95 replacement? I have seen a few post on here, from a couple of years back but curious to see if anyone has anything new they would recommend? I have a 2011 2275 trying to keep flush w/dash. thx in advance! (First post so apologies if missed the thread)

There are flush mount kits for the Garmins however because the upgrade will probably going to a larger size it will involve cutting the fiberglass. For me out of the question, had my dealer do it. Looks like factory installed

Call Garmin ,they can tell you what may fit ,and if you have to cut they will email you a templet .They were a great help when I changed mine on my 2014. Dont forget to ask about the transducer and the cable
closed weekends
913-397-0872 ,1-800-800-1020

Call Garmin ,they can tell you what may fit ,and if you have to cut they will email you a templet .They were a great help when I changed mine on my 2014. Dont forget to ask about the transducer and the cable
closed weekends
913-397-0872 ,1-800-800-1020

Thank you, Jack!

It's so nice to see other members helping other members answering questions and offering unused product. Love this forum!

What a coincidence...I also have a 2011 2275 and I just went through the exact same scenario as you last month. I called Garmin. Nothing in their current line-up is close. I was lucky enough to find a used Fishfinder 90 on eBay for $75 delivered. Be advised, the 95 is just the OEM version of the 90 that was sold to manufacturer's like Bennington.

You will probably find my thread informative: sunedog's Garmin adventures

What a coincidence...I also have a 2011 2275 and I just went through the exact same scenario as you last month. I called Garmin. Nothing in their current line-up is close. I was lucky enough to find a used Fishfinder 90 on eBay for $75 delivered. Be advised, the 95 is just the OEM version of the 90 that was sold to manufacturer's like Bennington.

You will probably find my thread informative: sunedog's Garmin adventures
Well played! I ended up going with garmin 50 dv. Similar size but will require small cutting, wish me luck! Also just replaced the Sony RM-X60M remote control for stereo (stopped working) with newer model. Getting time to change some things out. Hope you all are enjoying weekends hopefully on your boats!

Back