New “almost” owner Lake Marion, SC

Reaction score
buying lake house and sellers have a 2017 22ssx with 115 Yamaha. We’ve struck a deal for the boat, golf cart, mower and a few other things. I know absolutely zero about pontoons, but have grown up on lakes/ocean all my life. Have owned Whalers from 13’ to 26’ and current boat is 21’ Sailfish I’ll probably take and leave at lake, too. Anyways, closing on house in a little over 2 weeks, but have given sellers 2 add’l weeks to pack/move/whatever. The Bennington is in great shape and only has 35ish hours. Don’t have any pics except a few in the add, but it’s immaculate. Seat covers over upholstery so all soft goods are about perfect.

my question (1st of many) is what are options for mounting a 9” or so gps/sounder? Every pic I’ve seen online leaves a lot to be desired (little/no room for flush mount). Main need is charting, but want a nice sounder, too. Old lake house growing up was on opposite side of lake so want to explore a lot.

will have more pics/info once all transactions are complete.

6D64D4DC-230B-41CA-9342-B0128343818D.jpegC22FB44F-F9A3-4791-845D-0056B1DE0AC0.jpeg4889D06D-1B12-4DE0-8024-EEA09447DB0C.jpeg

buying lake house and sellers have a 2017 22ssx with 115 Yamaha. We’ve struck a deal for the boat, golf cart, mower and a few other things. I know absolutely zero about pontoons, but have grown up on lakes/ocean all my life. Have owned Whalers from 13’ to 26’ and current boat is 21’ Sailfish I’ll probably take and leave at lake, too. Anyways, closing on house in a little over 2 weeks, but have given sellers 2 add’l weeks to pack/move/whatever. The Bennington is in great shape and only has 35ish hours. Don’t have any pics except a few in the add, but it’s immaculate. Seat covers over upholstery so all soft goods are about perfect.

my question (1st of many) is what are options for mounting a 9” or so gps/sounder? Every pic I’ve seen online leaves a lot to be desired (little/no room for flush mount). Main need is charting, but want a nice sounder, too. Old lake house growing up was on opposite side of lake so want to explore a lot.

will have more pics/info once all transactions are complete.

View attachment 29016View attachment 29017View attachment 29018
I installed a 9” Simrad Cruise and I’m very happy. Moved the 2 sockets up and the stereo to the right of steering wheel.

Attachments

• 50D44673-9957-4629-9C0D-F8ECD0401572.jpeg
    50D44673-9957-4629-9C0D-F8ECD0401572.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 28
Congratulations. In addition to asking questions, there is A LOT of cumulative knowledge on this forum board. In the upper right hand corner is a search box. Type in various combinations of what you are curious about, and often you can find a thread or two that are packed with some good ideas. I know GPS has come up a bit, so that’s a good one to search for what’s been said in the past on here in addition to getting new ideas as people reply to your question(s). Looking forward to a few more pictures of the boat when you have possession. It looks very nice, and like its in nearly new condition.

My first thought was that is a big tractor for a lake house. :)

Back