New 20 Footer hits the water

Skygazer

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Our brand new 2014 20SLMX was delivered this morning.

The dealer took us for a test drive and after dropping him off, the wife and I went for a very pleasant and comfortable 2 hr cruise around the lake....WOW...what a boat!

We knew we were getting the best and we are totally impressed.

We opted for the 25" tubes and the 70hp four stroke Yamaha.

Rough water package, recliner helm chair, docking lights, and heavy duty rub rail.

I want to thank y'all for the wealth of information that helped us select "the best" at an affordable price.

I know that "pics are a necessity" so here's an attempt at our first of many.

IMG_0004_2_1.JPG

Beautiful boat, and I notice you picked the best color !!!! :)

Congrats and Semp beat me to it. Love the color!

I have to say that is a nice looking boat and I to love the solid color!

I also think the solid color is the better look, just classy

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Skygazer! I've heard several members here mention the "rough water package". What exactly is that and how does it work??????

Daril, Also curious, I went to build a boat to see the description of Rough Water Package but there was none but at the price of $201 I am sure many add it on because of the name :p  .  While there I also noticed the following;                           Twin Elliptical 200 HP Capacity Tag  (NEW) 

$0

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new toon.

Very nice Skygazer! I've heard several members here mention the "rough water package". What exactly is that and how does it work??????
From what I've seen there is some extra material under the spray fin on the front of the toons. If memory serves Derrick has them on his new boat which are visible in his photos. I think the purpose is to help water flow around them rather then just smashing into a flat surface. I could be wrong though.

That is sad, once I read that link you provided SemperFi I do remember reading that two years ago but it's sad I couldn't remember it

Nice that's color I got (2013 20 slx) in that color. I have the 50 Yamaha does fine but I have often wonder if 70 what kinda difference 70 makes. You will LOVE it. Only thing get a ski tow bar it's nice for more than just skiing I have made a fishing pole holder and a frame to hold ice chest when just adults keeps inside open and I made it all remove able just a few clamps.

Congrats and enjoy the new boat!

Jack

Congrats on the new boat.

Thank you all for the welcome and the compliments. :)

The rough water package was recommended by the dealer and we trust them very much.

Runs like a dream and he offered to change props (no charge) after initial break in period to get the best performance. We're thinking that the 11" will do best with WOT at about 6000rpm and a top speed of around 20mph.

Hope to get another month of boating in before the wife's "new baby" has to go in the barn for the winter. :(

That is sad, once I read that link you provided SemperFi I do remember reading that two years ago but it's sad I couldn't remember it
Don't feel bad I forget stuff I read a week ago ....... But I can remember stuff from 40 years ago ??????

Back