New Bennington 25 LSB Build

Hi all! At the time I configured my 25 LSB last August , the Bennington configurator showed around $92K. The configurator doesn’t always calculate corrrectly, particularly with the sport performance packages. Back then, my dealer was offering about a 20% discount on any build I submitted. The final order I placed in Sept clocked in around $79k, but I added a trailer and rear speakers also. Due to supply chain issues, Bennington dropped my rub rail and pop up cleats. My dealer still says my delivery date is April of 2022-hopefully the engine will make it also!!! I can’t wait!

Also it's not like pontoons aren't available. Both dealers I went to had plenty to sell. Dealers are going to outprice demand.

If you compare pontoons to UTVs you couldn't find one at all. I had to search for a long time just to find one

I’d beg to differ depending on location and especially brand.
I’m in South central Pa.
My dealer had someone come from AZ.for a Benny and another from Central FL for an Xpress bass. Also had someone come up from GA. for a 9.9HP Yamaha motor. If a dealer is sitting on some for more than a week or two, yeah I’d think they are pricing high but they’ll learn a harsh lesson.

I’d beg to differ depending on location and especially brand.
I’m in South central Pa.
My dealer had someone come from AZ.for a Benny and another from Central FL for an Xpress bass. Also had someone come up from GA. for a 9.9HP Yamaha motor. If a dealer is sitting on some for more than a week or two, yeah I’d think they are pricing high but they’ll learn a harsh lesson.
I guess locations are way different. I think one dealer has about 10 sitting and waiting. That tells me his price is too high

Hi all! At the time I configured my 25 LSB last August , the Bennington configurator showed around $92K. The configurator doesn’t always calculate corrrectly, particularly with the sport performance packages. Back then, my dealer was offering about a 20% discount on any build I submitted. The final order I placed in Sept clocked in around $79k, but I added a trailer and rear speakers also. Due to supply chain issues, Bennington dropped my rub rail and pop up cleats. My dealer still says my delivery date is April of 2022-hopefully the engine will make it also!!! I can’t wait!
Great build! I'm currently researching tritoons and in-between a Harris and Benny LSB. I've also talked with Midwest Marine as I live in Topeka and they are the nearest dealer. It's been hard to narrow down things without actually seeing them in person. Enjoy it when it comes!

I guess locations are way different. I think one dealer has about 10 sitting and waiting. That tells me his price is too high
What is the name and location of this dealer ?
There are others that may be willing to take a road trip

BigD stopped in to our local Bennington dealership earlier this week and told me that they had 15-20 Bennington's for sale on the property. My daughter and I stopped in on the way back from shooting yesterday. They were closed but the showroom was full and they were lined up in the parking lot. If anybody is interested to check out what they have available online..... Lake Norman Marina Sherrill's Ford, NC.

What is the name and location of this dealer ?
There are others that may be willing to take a road trip
I live in the woodlands Texas. My issue is I need the boat delivered to the lake as I don't want a trailer. Also if I buy from someone else will the local dealer still support me in any warranty work. I found another dealer that is not that far away and is about 3k cheaper.

I live in the woodlands Texas. My issue is I need the boat delivered to the lake as I don't want a trailer. Also if I buy from someone else will the local dealer still support me in any warranty work. I found another dealer that is not that far away and is about 3k cheaper.
What is the name of the dealer that has those 10 boats ?

I dont have a trailer ,dealer stores and transports ,not an issue

What is the name of the dealer that has those 10 boats ?

I dont have a trailer ,dealer stores and transports ,not an issue
Here is the link to their inventory. 11 in stock, with total of 57.

Also if I buy from someone else will the local dealer still support me in any warranty work. I found another dealer that is not that far away and is about 3k cheaper.
Some thoughts here. First, any Bennington dealer has to support warranty work, and frankly will likely take in most any work. You will be good there in regards to getting service work done. Same is true for any certified service shop for your motor.

Can you leverage that $3k in savings in price from the other dealership with the closer one? Will the closer dealership price match to get yoru sale vs. you buying from the other dealership as part of your negotiations? Maybe yes, and concern resolved…?

Some thoughts here. First, any Bennington dealer has to support warranty work, and frankly will likely take in most any work. You will be good there in regards to getting service work done. Same is true for any certified service shop for your motor.

Can you leverage that $3k in savings in price from the other dealership with the closer one? Will the closer dealership price match to get yoru sale vs. you buying from the other dealership as part of your negotiations? Maybe yes, and concern resolved…?
Thanks for clarification on warranty support. I've tried to leverage that and they said they wouldn't be the cheapest.

Going to go in and try face to face. I really want to get me my first Bennington

Well they now are saying they won't deliver it to my lake which is 90 minutes away. So I guess I only have one choice.

Last edited:
Thanks for clarification on warranty support. I've tried to leverage that and they said they wouldn't be the cheapest.

Going to go in and try face to face. I really want to get me my first Bennington

Well they now are saying they won't deliver it to my lake which is 90 minutes away. So I guess I only have one choice.
Well…that at least simplifies the process. A LOT to be said with sticking with what is most convenient from the start - so long as they are competent and trustworthy. Doing all your research will eventually pay off. Hopefully next July on a new Bennington for you and the family. :cool:

Truthfully, they may do the warranty work, but I’ll bet you money, you will be last on their list for any work to be done and truthfully, I can’t blame them. I work in the building material industry and we deal with the same issue. Customer buys his $30k window package at HD then comes to me for warranty/service. I’ll gladly help him but “my” customers get priority. You get what you pay for, and sometimes that expedited service.

KansasHawk, we looked at both the Harris and Benny and in our minds there was no comparison. Seats were way more comfortable on the Benny and the Harris had no front deck to speak of which was important to us. Also likes the fact that the Benny's tubes were under the deck in the front, not sticking out. Benny just seemed more rigid as well with gates, rails & bimini. And up here in MA, there was not a lot of difference in price. Was a no brainer for us. Hope that helps. Now we just need to get it manufactured!

Our dealer up here has several Benny's as well last time I was up there, probably 8 - 10 of them. He is a high volume dealer. Had a demo boat too which I went out on back when we made the decision to buy. Had never been on a pontoon boat before. Demo was a 23 with a Suzuki 300 with twin props...WOW! Faster than any of the fiberglass boats we've ever had.

Truthfully, they may do the warranty work, but I’ll bet you money, you will be last on their list for any work to be done and truthfully, I can’t blame them. I work in the building material industry and we deal with the same issue. Customer buys his $30k window package at HD then comes to me for warranty/service. I’ll gladly help him but “my” customers get priority. You get what you pay for, and sometimes that expedited service.
I used to buy into this and it does make sense. A skeptic now, for larger volume dealers. I think its more likely to ring true at a smaller dealer.

For context, this is what my current dealer (high volume) told me when we were shopping around for a tritoon back in 2016: ”our customers get service priority which matters with Michigans short summers.” That stood out to us. We looked at a tone of brands in person for months via various dealerships. Started leaning Bennington midway through, and our current dealer was very close to the cottage AND a Bennington/Mercury dealer. And this idea of getting some level of priority for service was a bonus in our mind.

First service repair was 2nd season due to poor rigging of our fuel water separator by the dealer. Just got dumped in line with everyone because it was July and they were too busy to really discern. I had a former student and his close friend working there, and they did some overtime to get mine through quicker. Had nothing to do with having bought from the dealership.

And this year we have the big electrical issue and meltdown as many know. Boat sat at the dealership untouched for 3 months. I kept checking weekly, and they were just overwhelmed by unprecedented demand and work orders. Get it. However, it started sounding a bit evasive sometimes when I did my check ins. When I finally spoke to the service manager personally in week 5 of it just sitting there he literally told me “We are pushing thru simple and quick jobs to please as many people as possible, and sidelining time consuming major work that only impacts a few customers. I unfortunately was in the later category.” On one level I get that. However, NOT ONLY was I not getting priority as a customer that bought directly from them, I wasn’t even getting to get a place in line. WT….heck!!!

My boat got side lined and side stepped for 12 weeks (Hello, better part of our boating season) because it was a big time consuming job. And now is still not repaired 6 months later because my dealerhips wait on getting to it eventually bumped into the supply chain parts shortage - no e.t.a. on fuse box and main electrical harness.

At least for me, that whole song and dance about “our customers will be priority”, has rung very hollow - particularly this year. I think the high volume huge dealers don’t keep track anymore than a car dealership service center does. You call, they schedule, you’re dumped in line.

Now a smaller dealership, I can totally see them doing it. They are small, more personal. They are likely more inclined to have the owner or manager more directly know the customers, and I can really see some level prioritization taking place.

Bear in mind it’s quite possible the boats on lots are sold orders. My dealer had probably a dozen on the lot a couple months back, but they were all sold units awaiting rigging, pickup, etc…

Out of curiosity, I just checked my local dealer. Captain's Choice Marine on Lake Murray in Leesville, SC is showing 57 new Bennington pontoons in stock on their website this morning. I'm shocked. And they are a top notch dealership with an outstanding reputation. They have taken great care of me over the last 30 years. New Bennington Pontoon Inventory

Hey Guys, I am a new forum member. I live in Aiken, SC, between Lexington and Augusta, GA. I did a few visits to Captains Choice in Lexington (where I bought my last boat in fact). They did have more stock than other dealers within a reasonable driving distance, but were pretty much quoting me retail prices with little to no discount. I ended up ordering a boat through Augusta Marine (Augusta, GA) in early September. With that being said, Augusta Marine (AM) told me they typically get 4 boats a month from Bennington under normal circumstances but have been delayed due to supply chain. So right now I am certainly second guessing my decision. I am sure there is something on the premises at Captain's Choice that I would be happy with. But I traded my old boat in to AM during the ordering process and I am tied to that order right now. Hoping for a Christmas present this year?

Back