New boat... Accessories time!

That's pretty cool SemperFi! Can you share make/model or website to get one of those?

That's pretty cool SemperFi! Can you share make/model or website to get one of those?
It’s a MinnKota Deckhand 40. My dealer installed it. He probably sells 7 out of 10 of these on boats he sells. I did replace the circuit board two years in as it was acting up. I have a switch on helm to lower and raise. There’s also a switch on the unit.

I want to make special note of items like Sunscreen. Not all things play well with the Simtex fabric - particularly certain sunscreens. For instance, most spray on types are problematic.

Thus, Sunscreen, as well as other items that might stain, I always make sure WE have onboard and ask guests to leave theirs shoreside for that reason. That way you don’t have a guest inadvertently spray on sunscreen or something else that might stain your seating. Just something to consider...

I also take note before we go out and people go to apply sunscreen. We have a basket full of sunscreen that is okay with the boat, so we ask people to use it when they have the oily kind or the oily spray on kind.

Safe boat And guests = Happy Captain
I am new to this forum and a brand new Bennington owner. We used spray on sunscreen and didn't notice any stains but that doesn't mean I need to keep using them. What sunscreens do you keep on your boat? Thanks for the information.

I am new to this forum and a brand new Bennington owner. We used spray on sunscreen and didn't notice any stains but that doesn't mean I need to keep using them. What sunscreens do you keep on your boat? Thanks for the information.
Banana Boat Dry Balance. We buy a bunch of it up each season, and keep it stocked for ourselves and all of our company in the summer due to the boat.

There is a recent thread on this topic from last week. Scroll though it to get different peoples thoughts. I also posted what we carry ourselves for everyone’s use while up at our lake house boating, as well as our second choice option when we cannot find the Dry Balance.

Post in thread 'What suntan lotion to use'
https://club.benningtonmarine.com/threads/what-suntan-lotion-to-use.12728/post-162903

The thing is that the sunscreen (per other peoples experiecnes) doesn’t always stain in the moment of application. For many the overspray seems to lead to a discolorization over time. Thus, for new boat owners, I think it can be deceiving at times as to whether or not it’s causing a hidden problem.

I want to make special note of items like Sunscreen. Not all things play well with the Simtex fabric - particularly certain sunscreens. For instance, most spray on types are problematic.

Thus, Sunscreen, as well as other items that might stain, I always make sure WE have onboard and ask guests to leave theirs shoreside for that reason. That way you don’t have a guest inadvertently spray on sunscreen or something else that might stain your seating. Just something to consider...

I also take note before we go out and people go to apply sunscreen. We have a basket full of sunscreen that is okay with the boat, so we ask people to use it when they have the oily kind or the oily spray on kind.

Safe boat And guests = Happy Captain
Will be getting my new boat this month. This is good to know. What specific brands don't mess up/ stain the simtex? Thank you.

Will be getting my new boat this month. This is good to know. What specific brands don't mess up/ stain the simtex? Thank you.
Read my post immediately above yours. Answered this exact question. :)

Back