New Boat Builder is Up

jman

Reaction score
FYI there are now 5 lines in the Bennington stable as they have broken the S and SX lines into two different model lines. The SX bow seats now wrap around the front ala the G through Q series boats, they have also lengthened the deck 2 inches in the front.

The price increase looks to be about 2.4% +/- over the same build from a week back.

Jamie

Oh my god. They added RED colored diamond stitching.  Red stitching. In diamond shape. On the seats. Not sure what Tornado teak is, but they have red diamond stitching. Also a 2372 RCW windscreen layout. Kinda looks like two helms with a full windshield across. Different. 

Oh my god. They added RED colored diamond stitching.  Red stitching. In diamond shape. On the seats. Not sure what Tornado teak is, but they have red diamond stitching. Also a 2372 RCW windscreen layout. Kinda looks like two helms with a full windshield across. Different. 
What, you don't want LIME!

Uh oh ...... Here we go ...... :)

Just showed the wife the new wrap around seats on the S. She was not happy as that is her complaint about ours. Looks like you can really option a sx with side LEDs and lit cup holders too. Should have waited a year....

Great...also seems the bumped the HP ratings on a number of the boats too.

It seems most of the R series 23" boats with ESP are now rated at 300HP!

2375RCW

ESP Performance Package (25") 14 People 2,868 lbs 300 HP 0.100

Last edited by a moderator:
The chart says max hp 300 hp, but I cannot select a 300 as an option. That would upset me though.

Sounds to me like we may need to hold an emergency meeting!

Just showed the wife the new wrap around seats on the S. She was not happy as that is her complaint about ours. Looks like you can really option a sx with side LEDs and lit cup holders too. Should have waited a year....
I am in agreement with your wife. We are coming from a top of the line Harris (a 2000 model year but very plush) and the S boat struck me as being very austere in comparison. The front bow loungers don't convey much coziness since they don't wrap around at the front.

So we are buying out boat (taking delivery Tuesday or Wed.) and it's being sold as a 2015. I start shopping a bit and find out that the 2015's will have the newer bow loungers. I tell my dealer just so when we are negotiating it is understood that the boat may be called a 2015 but it does not have 2015 upgrades. I thought about holding out and ordering (I would have loved to have added the extended stern deck) but we have a paid for slip that had been empty all summer and we do boat about 3 or 4 days a week through mid October, with a new boat not arriving until late September, we decided to take the in stock boat. Pricing the build out now vs. last week it seems the boat would have cost me another $900 less the 20% I probably would have gotten off so, $700. 

Truthfully I may regret the decision in the end as the $700 would have been worth it for me as it really improves the look of the boat I think.

Time will tell. If you don't order your boat I suppose you should be happy with getting 90% of what you would have ordered and not paying for anything you wouldn't have, which is were we are with the boat we found at the dealer in their yard. That being said I do hope that I find the S (now SX) boat interior to my liking long term. If not I may not be long for the boat and move to a G in a couple of years.

I was already thinking that maybe I could just upgrade to the new bow loungers but I think that the new bow gate is smaller to accommodate the curve at the front.

Great...also seems the bumped the HP ratings on a number of the boats too.

It seems most of the R series 23" boats with ESP are now rated at 300HP!

2375RCW

ESP Performance Package (25") 14 People 2,868 lbs 300 HP 0.100
Oooooohhhh, that's not a good thing. Please stop. I will have more space in Indiana if I do this, when my wife leaves. Maybe an Etec G2 300, with a jack plate ... I bet that would scream!

This is interesting because when I ordered my boat it was under the 2014 ordering guide. My boat , when delivered is a 2015. There are a few things I have noticed that I didn't see on the 2014's. Not complaining. But it does explain a few things.

Cheers, Steve

My vote for the next PADS nominee is Jman, congratulations jman, come up to the stage and accept your new Benny

My vote for the next PADS nominee is Jman, congratulations jman, come up to the stage and accept your new Benny
I'm hedging on who is next to move up to the "two time offender" class with Derrick. Andy, Jack?

Lots of missing prices .Either they are not offering the SPS on the 2375 RCW's or the options are like the prices ,missing .

Some mistakes also ,When the wet sounds are ordered it says you must also order the kicker upgrade 

I'm hedging on who is next to move up to the "two time offender" class with Derrick. Andy, Jack?
Derrick already has that award .

I may have been next if my wife wasn't so persistent on moving . :D

I'm good with ours...for now. Nice thing about having a bigger motor is I could keep it and throw it on another toon down the road. So I am bowing out of the 3 timer club this year.

I'm not going to lie. I told my wife about the red stitching, it made her mad. Not because I was talking about new options, but because WE didn't have it! Haha! I texted my dealer, it's pretty bad when even he says "well its time for you to trade that one in anyway" I lol'd him and said yeah, I almost have 23 hours on it! To which he replied, "see, it's worn out already! ". Pretty sure some red stitching isn't enough of a difference to get me to trade in though. Maybe I could just ship my seat backs to Bennington over the winter and they could do it for me! Although, then I could get the teak farther back and some different/more stereo stuff in there....... Remember your counseling Derrick, my boat is good, my boat is more than I need, my boat is nowhere near paid for, my boat is perfect just the way it is, well not perfect it doesn't have red stitching.

Derrick, did you ask your dealer about the possibility of a 300? I would certainly be more interested in that option.

Back