New cover recommendations

JeeperCRNA

Reaction score
I need a new cover mine is torn beyond fixing. My warranty is expired. can anyone suggest a brand? thanks so much……

Have one made at a local canvas shop......

Does anyone use just individual couch covers? I am surprised these are so hard to find!

Does anyone use just individual couch covers? I am surprised these are so hard to find!

I do and love them. For the situation I have they work the best. I bought the boat used, so the first owner had them made, through the dealers canvass shop. I only use the big cover when the boat is in my driveway in the spring and fall, while I’m getting it ready for the season or storage.

Attachments

• 4A8C2D79-AECF-44D0-B0FA-6E1AF9A380CA.jpeg
    4A8C2D79-AECF-44D0-B0FA-6E1AF9A380CA.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 24
I do and love them. For the situation I have they work the best. I bought the boat used, so the first owner had them made, through the dealers canvass shop. I only use the big cover when the boat is in my driveway in the spring and fall, while I’m getting it ready for the season or storage.
Yes! That is exactly what we need. I cant imagine putting the big surround cover on after every trip. I'll look for a local canvas shop I guess. Thank you for your reply.

The nice things about using the mooring cover is it covers everything on the interior. Flooring, rails, etc… Those individual furniture covers do not. Now if its going to be under a covered lift, or stored indoors, then I get it. If sitting outside, you leave a lot exposed to the sun, birds, bugs, etc… if just using individual furniture covers.

Once I got down a good system (took some time my first year), I can have the boat decently covered in maybe 10 or so minutes solo. 15 minutes if totally securing it with the poles and all. I really don’t get it done any faster with help either…it just goes easier if my wife or one of my kids helps.

Once you have a system down, it honestly doesn’t take very long. Just some food for thought.

100% agree with Vikingstaff! I understand that it can be a pain to put that cover on but it'll be worth it in the long run! That sun can do alot of damage to what's not covered.

I have posted this before but will again. I always put the mooring cover on. Rather than a chore as KP started heading up to the house I would pop open a new Mich Ultra. Rather than start right away I would sit and gaze out over the lake while music played. I would not rush to get the job done just take my time stopping now and then for a couple of sips and another look at the lake. When I would be doing the snaps I might stop for another look with my legs dangling in the water.

When it was done I felt good knowing that my boat was safe and would continue to look beautiful

Been covering our boat (3 of them) after every use for 11 years now.
Every one looks like the day we got it. Even the used ones looked as good as day we got them.

Back