New member, 1st boat

Vert

Reaction score
I'm a new member and just wanted to say hi.. and to thanks for all the information on the site.  The posts here were very helpful in the recent purchase of my pontoon and I'm sure they'll continue to be of great value to me.

My boat is a 2015 Bennington 24SSRX with a 150 Merc, SPS package.  Expecting delivery on Thursday 7/31.  My Father-in-law recently bought a lake house in KY with a dock, providing me a perfect excuse for purchasing my first boat and drastically affecting my ability to concentrate at work this week.

No pics of my own yet, but [SIZE=10.5pt]here it is[/SIZE] on the dealer's site.

Now to pick out a boat name...    "Serenity Now", "Bennie and the Jets Guests" ?    The wheels are turning..

Thanks again.. look forward to contributing vs "leaching" off the site.

I Had a 320 Sea Ray Sundancer name Serenity

I have seen a few Pontoon names like "Toon Time" "Toon Out"

Congrats and welcome! Great looking boat! That front port seat has a unique setup there. Is that something new for 2015?

DSCN5302.JPG

How bout iToons ......   Sweet looking ride. Love the layout!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys.. bcpnick - not sure, but it's where the privacy chaise/ changing curtain pops out of.

Congrats!  Nice boat.  I really like the layout ........ much better than mine.  Time to have some fun.

Nice boat! Welcome to the forum...........

Welcome to the forum Vert! As you probably already know, if you have any questions this is the place to ask! Everyone is super accepting and offer lots and lots of assistance when needed. Someone has usually been there & done it so ask away. Nicest forum I've ever been a part of. Enjoy your new boat!

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new toy!

Looney Toon lol

Welcome to the club!  Nice toon!

Nice looking boat

Looks nice and welcome to the club!

Welcome!  What lake in Kentucky?

Thanks for all the welcomes.  

It's a small lake called Craig's Creek in Warsaw, KY connected to the Ohio River.

Thanks for all the welcomes.  

It's a small lake called Craig's Creek in Warsaw, KY connected to the Ohio River.
Gotcha!  I'm from Louisville, so upriver a bit.  Enjoy the new boat!

Vert, I love the name 'Bennie and the Guests'!!    Great looking boat!!  We are ordering tomorrow and it will be the longest month or so!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks newbietooner..  I liked it too, but the wife vetoed that name.  Sounds like we're gonna take Bama Kat's suggestion and do something like "Tooned Out".  I'm fine with that.. it's exactly what I want to be while on the boat.

I feel your excitement.. mine is delivered tomorrow and I CAN'T WAIT.  Looking into options for a water ramp for the dogs at the moment.  Good luck with your purchase.. 

Check the boat serial #. The factory is retooling this week for the NEW 2015. Production hasn't started as yet. Did you get hood winkled into thinking that you go a newer boat than you did?

Back