New member 20sxl

Swerve_sc

Reaction score
Hello all! Rather than lurking about figured I’d go ahead and join. Already gotten lots of good info from your posts so thanks!

Ordered in Feb - took delivery on Nov 10th!
This is the first boat we’ve ever custom ordered and waited for the worst time haha.
Here’s our little baby 20sxl, we downsized from a crest liner 26. We just didn’t need the space and tend to cruise or troll.

73B81151-5376-46C1-9AAD-69C6B3B065CF.jpeg
02108C29-8C52-4AE4-ACB7-3325F189C7AB.jpeg

Welcome to the forum Swerve! Boat looks great! Where in SC do you boat?!?

Welcome aboard! That’s a beauty!

Great looking pontoon! Looks like the updated version of ours. Just curious, do you have any issues with wind or wakes? If so I's suggest some sort of additional bumpers between the boat and the dock (stronger tiedowns too). A 20 footer will bounce around a bit more than your old 26...just sayin'.

Welcome aboard. Love the look of your new Bennington. Also glad your wait is over.

Great looking pontoon! Looks like the updated version of ours. Just curious, do you have any issues with wind or wakes? If so I's suggest some sort of additional bumpers between the boat and the dock (stronger tiedowns too). A 20 footer will bounce around a bit more than your old 26...just sayin'.

This was day of taking delivery and there was no wind. I had all new dock ropes/bumpers matched in black within about 5 minutes of this shot at the gas pump. :)
She's safe and tidy in our slip now, put almost 8 hours on so far. Might have to break out the ski mask this weekend!

Thanks all for the welcome.

Nice boat. We are in the same boat (pun intended) as we are downsizing from 25’ Crest to a 20’ Bennington SXLG. Ordered in August and hoping to get by April.

The 2 of us just use the boat for cruising our 500 acre lake with guests a couple of times a year. I needed to back the Crest down a short narrow cove from the boathouse to the main body of the lake. I should be able to turn the Bennington and make it out in the normal fashion. Interestingly enough the playpen area is about the same on both pontoons.

Enjoy your boat.

Last edited:
Nice boat. We are in the same boat (pun intended) as we are downsizing from 25’ Crest to a 20’ Bennington SXLG. Ordered in August and hoping to get by April.

The 2 of us just use the boat for cruising our 500 acre lake with guests a couple of times a year. I needed to back the Crest down a short narrow cove from the boathouse to the main body of the lake. I should be able to turn the Bennington and make it out in the normal fashion. Interestingly enough the playpen area is about the same on both pontoons.

Enjoy your boat.

Hopefully they are getting production ramped up a bit, honestly I'd almost given up (hoping that it would make it by next spring) when the dealer emailed to say it was in. Its all good though, at least here we may get a few good weekends over the winter that we can cruise and get break in done properly pre-season.
Here to yours showing up on time!

I didn't go as far as measuring the playpen before we sold our old boat but its amazing that it really does seem to have about the same amount of room in the bennington.

Hello all! Rather than lurking about figured I’d go ahead and join. Already gotten lots of good info from your posts so thanks!

Ordered in Feb - took delivery on Nov 10th!
This is the first boat we’ve ever custom ordered and waited for the worst time haha.
Here’s our little baby 20sxl, we downsized from a crest liner 26. We just didn’t need the space and tend to cruise or troll.

View attachment 31508
View attachment 31509
Just purchased a 20sxl. Anything I should know about them ?

Welcome Bob! You’re in for a real treat!! How about posting some pictures of her?

Just purchased a 20sxl. Anything I should know about them ?
Congrats!! We are liking everything about it so far.
Just ticked the 15th hour on a short ride this past weekend. Come on spring!!!

Went with a Yamaha 75 since it’s just for cruising, got 19 when opened up. Works for me.

If you got the privacy room on the back bench and double batteries w/switch expect it to eat up some of the area.
If you got the kicker sub upgrade make sure the button is pressed on the amp. ;0

Watch semperfi’s video for putting the cover off/on. Works like a champ!

Back