New Member/Boat Ordered

kycobalt

Reaction score
Hello all!

I thought I'd take a second to introduce myself and become a member of this great online community. In many ways you have all already contributed so much to my future boat by your various discussions here. I just placed an order today for my new Bennington and can't wait for it to arrive. My family boats on Dale Hollow lake in southern Kentucky/northern Tennessee. We just sold our 2006 Cobalt 250 this summer and find ourselves boat-less for the first time in 8 years. I can't hardly take it. I've been told to expect delivery around the first week of August.

Here are the details of our order:

• 2015 2550 RSR w/Yamaha F300 and Digital Controls
  • ESP
  • Center Fuel Tank
  • In-Floor storage
  • Front Gate Seat
  • Seagrass Aft
  • Sealed Strakes
  • Dual Battery
  • Power Assist Steering
  • Extra Wide Recliners (2)
  • Double Bimini
  • Elevated Helm
  • Bluetoot
  • 52" Ski Pylon
I've been following the prop discussions closely and have seen that there are some underperforming boats with the F300. Hopefully you guys find some good solutions for this with your dealer.

Congats! Sounds like a nice package!

I convinced the wife to keep our Mirada until we got the Bennington so we wouldn't be without a boat.

And now the wait begins, be sure to post up some pics when it comes in!

Bluetoot option??? How much was that? Oh yea, must be that  F300 needed that, Make it run LIKE A TRAIN,On the lake.

Congrats

Congrats and welcome to the party.

That sounds like a nice ride! Hope you enjoy the rest of the summer after it arrives!

Congrats and welcome to the Family!!! Oh yeah, don't forget .... PICS !!!! :)

The RCW and the RSR are pretty similar.  I do see the seats on the RSR curve back in rather then the straight lounge style chair of the RCW.  Can anyone pleas comment and explain more on the differences?  Also where is the privacy on each model?

Congrats and welcome aboard!!

Link. The RCW has the rear loungers that are mostly just practical for one person each because of the extended armrest. The RSR is more of a bench style seating in the rear(same as the front) that can double as a lounger in a pinch.

Thanks kycobalt.  And welcome aboard

Congrats, looks like a great boat!

KYCOBALT Welcome. I live and boat on Dale Hollow also. Looks like a great build I am sure you will be very happy.

Congrats nice build

Bluetoot. Train. Funny.

"KYCOBALT"  I'm seeing this already !!!!! Have you started changing all you passwords and etc.. to "KYTOON'R" of something like that ?  My last boat was a Cobalt as well and I've made the changes too. B)

Just giving you a hard time and taking the opportunity to "toot my horn".  Welcome to the family. Boat looks awesome and hopefully you will get it sooner that expected. The F300 is a great motor but you will have to agree that the 250 SHO is prettier.  

Last edited by a moderator:
On the RCW the privacy is under the port rear lounger.   It is almost impossible (heavy) to raise.  

My batteries are on the port .Privacy on the starboard . Mine has lift assist struts no problem raising at all .

WOW, sounds like an awesome boat headed your way. Time to learn a little patience now, it takes forever to get to the delivery stage and there always seems to be something not quite right. Worth the wait, welcome to the family. Careful, the forum is addicting.

My last RCW had the changeroom on the starboard side, and yes it had gas struts and was very simple to open and close. New one can't because of the tower. RCW vs RSR, we'll I obviously chose the RCW, reason being the look. I loved the open stainless steel tubing looking out at the water. If you usually have more people on board, than yes the RSR offers more usable seating. looks to be a great build, you're going to love it!

Back