New Member - Soon to be New Bennington Owner

You'll be surprised at what these little motors will move. My 22RLi will do between 10-12 so I'm betting you'll hit 12-14 on a S as it's lighter. You'll have to be at 1/4 throttle for no wake.

AND YOU WILL LAUGH ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK cruising around all day long on a couple gallons of gas.

Take that all you high HP gas hoggers !!! LOL !!!!
The fact that you go between 10-12mph with a 20hp is interesting to know.  I specifically asked my dealer approx how fast mine would go with the 25hp and he said about 12mph so it looks like he was about right.  The lake I am on is considered no wake but the speeds people go are slightly above no wake and if the weather gets bad, people pick it up to get back and I wanted something that could pick it up a bit on the rare times when we need to get back quickly but most of the time we will be cruising 3-4mph and enjoying the calm waters while having a cold beer so getting anything above 25hp would be a total waste. 

I went from a 45 mph 14' jet boat to my 22' 10 mph pontoon. Sometimes I miss the speed but I don't miss the 6 gallons plus a day in fuel, and that was only running it a couple hours. We run the pontoon for hours on a gallon. Rarely full throttle. About the only time I use full throttle is first thing in the morning to get to the dam to fish. Rest of the day is 5-7 mph. I've said it before, 10 mph into a 15 mph headwind and it feels like I'm doing 25. It's no speed demon, bit I'd rather have a slow Benni than a fast Sun Tracker ....  ;)

As you know my normal cruising speed is 7 - 10mph as well.  Glad us cool guys know that it's how quick you go, it's how you get there :)  

Back