new owner question

stormtiger

Reaction score
Greetings

I purchased a 2016 22 scwx tri toon.. Does anyone know what the wx means ? I was told that it had something to do with performance.

Thanks 

Last edited by a moderator:
CW is center walk-through, X denotes type of railing-- exterior. Used to be S (no exterior railing) and SX (option of exterior railing). Now the X railing is the standard. 

Yes, all those letters seem pretty confusing to me. My GCW is a center walk-through with stern loungers and an extended deck. Yikes!

Welcome to the club Stormtiger.  You are going to love your Bennington.  There is always someone here "ready and able" to answer your questions.  I see a great summer ahead of you.  Tell us how your boat is equipped and pictures are always appreciated.

Too much to keep track of with the model letters for us newbies.  I am good with what series the boat is and having a sense of its general "look".  For all other floorplan and amnesty model letter combinations, I rely on pictures.  After that, it becomes a blur.   :wacko:

Models were easier 4 years ago .....  :lol:

Now there's so many, plus 8' and 10' wide, it's crazy. 

Models were easier 4 years ago .....  :lol:

Now there's so many, plus 8' and 10' wide, it's crazy. 

Yes.  If someone buys the 10' beam, they need to get special permits in many states to tow it.  I'm sure a dealer would tell people that ahead of time (not being sarcastic), but that's one of the many things you'd have to do your due diligence on before buying it.

I agree it was much easier 4 years ago.  One thing in sales is that it's never a good idea to give customers too many choices - in only confuses the customer, and prolongs the sales cycle.  What I would think would be a better solution would be fewer "base" models with more options.  I just went on the builder and my head hurt from it.  :blink:

Yes.  If someone buys the 10' beam, they need to get special permits in many states to tow it.  I'm sure a dealer would tell people that ahead of time (not being sarcastic), but that's one of the many things you'd have to do your due diligence on before buying it.

I agree it was much easier 4 years ago.  One thing in sales is that it's never a good idea to give customers too many choices - in only confuses the customer, and prolongs the sales cycle.  What I would think would be a better solution would be fewer "base" models with more options.  I just went on the builder and my head hurt from it.  :blink:

Just tell us your budget and we'll build it for you! 

Just tell us your budget and we'll build it for you! 

Last time I went on the builder site. My retirement boat was pushing $150K. By the way TC, The retirement plan I'm speaking of is your fault. I'm working on my wife about finding a home around Ft. Meyers so that I could run the boat to the Keys . 

Last time I went on the builder site. My retirement boat was pushing $150K. By the way TC, The retirement plan I'm speaking of is your fault. I'm working on my wife about finding a home around Ft. Meyers so that I could run the boat to the Keys . 

Glad I can be of service!  It really is great living down here.  I tell people (and I really do mean this) Tampa is too far north for me now!

We're traveling down Wednesday to close on a house there. Come on in, the water's actually warm!

Key West is a long run in either real shallow or open water, not much civilization after Marco. And then there is the wind, so you have to pick your times carefully.

Congrats Tom! Post pics in the cribs thread! 

Glad I can be of service!  It really is great living down here.  I tell people (and I really do mean this) Tampa is too far north for me now!

We're traveling down Wednesday to close on a house there. Come on in, the water's actually warm!

Key West is a long run in either real shallow or open water, not much civilization after Marco. And then there is the wind, so you have to pick your times carefully.

Yikes, Wild fires in Fla. Just watching the news and saw the story. Hope that you are clear of those problems.

Yikes, Wild fires in Fla. Just watching the news and saw the story. Hope that you are clear of those problems.

The wildfire in the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge is now covering 5,000 acers. Actually not bad for the mangroves but worry about the animals that can't just fly away

SW Florida (mainly Collier County) were burning pretty good, and they had mandatory evacuations.  Those were lifted this morning as the rain that we had yesterday and what's to come today has knocked it down pretty good.  That's to the south and east of where we are.

Back