New Owner

Greg23LSB

Reaction score
So after owning 6 fiberglass boats over the past 35 years, my wife and I just took the plunge and ordered a new 2022 23 LSB. Took a test drive on a 23R the dealer had with a Suzuki 300 and was incredibly impressed! :D First time I had ever been on a pontoon boat. Looking at February next year for delivery then we will wait for spring to come. Coming from a Crownline 240 LS. Had to sell it, the wife has knee and ankle issues that made it too difficult getting on and off. Looking forward to having her enjoy being on the water again without struggling. Any suggestions for the new vessel would be welcomed!

Congratulation! I hope the new style of boating checks all your boxes, and leads to enjoying the water together again. Do a search in the upper right corner search box. There are 1-2 threads every year or two that address your question above. I think you will find a lot of nice suggestions.

Otherwise, I hope we get to see pictures of your new boat when it comes in next year. :)

Greg, welcome to the family! I was also a diehard V-hull enthusiast and never dreamed I'd own a "pontoon". Now I just wonder what took me so long to see the error of my ways...

Please list your specs so we can help you modify and spend more of your money … :D:D:D

Welcome to the family!

23 LSB, ESP package, 250 VMAX SHO, ocean blue textured panels, platinum smooth accent, platinum pillow top diamond pressed interior with ocean blue accent, platinum canvas, swingback plus, curved bimini, stereo remote, Go7 Simrad display, washdown, privacy option with porta potti, Benny quick fender latch kit, in floor storage, dual batteries, wavetamer, pop up cleats, co-captain seats, vinyl wrapped luxury recliners, ski pylon and salt water package. And galvanized bunk trailer with spare. I think that's it! I read a LOT of posts out hear to see what folks were saying. It was VERY helpful in making all the final decisions!!! We are in the northeast right now, but headed to FL in a couple years, the panhandle.

On the cover, was wondering what input folks had relative to keeping the inside of the boat dry? I heard they let water in, particularly from the bow. I already have a tentative appointment for next May to bring to a local shop that does just boat covers. They've done 2 for me in the past and they are great! Will likely just have a whole cover made that will cover the whole thing to keep water out.

I don’t see an elevated helm … ;)

Yeah, the covers are water resistant but far from water proof. They are more for dirt, bird droppings, etc… than keeping interior completely dry.
If you are thinking of having a complete cover special made you might see what kind of $$ deduction it is for no cover, or you might get extensions added from local canvas shop.

Yes, the canvas shop said they might be able to add some extensions to save me some money. We'll see.

On the elevated helm, I am not the most graceful individual...and it's generally just my wife and I so we opted to go without. Hope I won't regret it!

Yes, the canvas shop said they might be able to add some extensions to save me some money. We'll see.

On the elevated helm, I am not the most graceful individual...and it's generally just my wife and I so we opted to go without. Hope I won't regret it!
We had a 2017 SLXP that I reluctantly ordered without the elevated helm. Bugged the hell out of me for 5 seasons to the point of selling and ordering a 22 LSB with elevated helm! Did very well selling the old boat and got what I think was a great deal on the new boat (25% discount). Still cost me $23,000.00 difference for the elevated helm v/s $700.00 for the helm. SEMPERFI8387 always has great advice! One to follow!

Hmmm, I have the opportunity to make some adjustments to the build. The dealer has 6 in stock including the one I tested and none had the raised helm so I have nothing to compare. What are the advantages? And does it create a trip hazard? Thanks

I was on the fence about it too. I ordered it due to the feedback of everyone here. I don’t think it’s a trip hazard. It is very tapered and I’ve never stubbed my toe on it.
1631714081815.jpeg
1631714116702.jpeg
My only issue with it was that the chair sits so low. I’m only 5’8 but a bigger guy. Felt like my knees were up to my chest like when you put your office chair down.
1631714301182.jpeg
My dealer put a taller post on it and I’ve been loving my summer with the boat! It does help you see over people and think you would like it. It’s a hard decision. Good luck!

Im another in favor of the elevated helm .

I have never found it to be a trip hazard .
Here is the stock pic from the build site .

1631714489775.png

Awesome, thanks for the pictures. I guess I'll have to add it. I was going to go for the flip up bolster since I'm used to having those in the fiberglass boats I've had but the pictures of the seat looked like it was only the center of the seat, not the full width, that flipped up. I was afraid it might not be comfortable.

I was going to suggest the Extra Wide captains chair also ,but it appears its not offered on that model .

Hmmm, I have the opportunity to make some adjustments to the build. The dealer has 6 in stock including the one I tested and none had the raised helm so I have nothing to compare. What are the advantages? And does it create a trip hazard? Thanks
I am in the Minority, but so happy I DID NOT get the raised helm. When pulling Tubes and Boards - I like to stand and move back and forth to keep an eye out on the activity. 100% I would fallen on my #@$ by now with that ledge. I do love the Bolster Seat!

How comfortable is that bolster seat? The picture makes it look like only the center section raises, the outer portions of the seat stick out forward. Looking at the pictures I was concerned the raised portion would not be wide enough and the side portions that stick out forward would catch the backs of my legs.

How comfortable is that bolster seat? The picture makes it look like only the center section raises, the outer portions of the seat stick out forward. Looking at the pictures I was concerned the raised portion would not be wide enough and the side portions that stick out forward would catch the backs of my legs.
Comfy enough - I never use for cruising, just when I am up and about towing, night driving, or docking/maneuvering in tight spots. Not as comfy as my friends bolster on his Chaparral, but love the feature! Definitely happy with it over the raised helm - IMO.

Back