New Pontoon-24sslx

Super Jim

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2012 Bennington 24 SSLX. Looks beautiful. Was checking under the pontoon and noticed that the cross channels are actually 24" on center. Looking at the latest brochure it clearly states and boasts about build quality and 16" on center. Did they change something and not tell the customer?

How about some pics, don`t be greedy there are still some of us waiting for ours to be delivered. We need our fix..Congrats and enjoy. :D

Just picked up my 2012 Bennington 24 SSLX. Looks beautiful. Was checking under the pontoon and noticed that the cross channels are actually 24" on center. Looking at the latest brochure it clearly states and boasts about build quality and 16" on center. Did they change something and not tell the customer?
good afternoon super jim,since reading your post i went out to our 2012 22sslx and noticed the same issue. i found all cross channels to be 24" on center besides the last four on stern under lounge, they are 12",13",and 91/2".also what i found clearly stated and boasts about is their 4 sided weld on all the rails.i have found none to be welded on all 4 sides,but only three sides. the inside of the rails that come in contact with panels are clearly not welded.also the rail that come down from the top rail on an sweeping angle are only weld on 2 sides.

good afternoon super jim,since reading your post i went out to our 2012 22sslx and noticed the same issue. i found all cross channels to be 24" on center besides the last four on stern under lounge, they are 12",13",and 91/2".also what i found clearly stated and boasts about is their 4 sided weld on all the rails.i have found none to be welded on all 4 sides,but only three sides. the inside of the rails that come in contact with panels are clearly not welded.also the rail that come down from the top rail on an sweeping angle are only weld on 2 sides.

Hi Jim, S series is 24" on center mid-ship. We identify 16" center models in the Construction Comparison on page 35. Please accept our apology for any confusion. We assure the quality of our construction and trust you will thoroughly enjoy your new boat. TB

Hi Jim, S series is 24" on center mid-ship. We identify 16" center models in the Construction Comparison on page 35. Please accept our apology for any confusion. We assure the quality of our construction and trust you will thoroughly enjoy your new boat. TB
4 sided welds? maybe I'm missing something.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 sided welds? maybe I'm missing something.
Hi Ava, thanks for your question.

4-sided welding is done on all 90 degree rail corners and wherever else we can physically reach with our welding equipment. Newly designed assemblies on R and G models include interior panels (versus exterior) and very technical, precision cuts and bends to the aluminum rails. (We are introducing this technique on the S series, too) Experienced welders will recognize that we are not able to "reach" the dramatic mitre cuts on some the new rails, but we do weld accurately and cleanly wherever possible. In additon, we do not weld between a rail and an interior panel on new designs, since this causes creases, bumps, etc., and is not aesthetically pleasing.

Since our newly re-designed rail assemblies have become very popular and they now outsell the 90 degree rails, we will change our literature next year to address the change. Your boat structure, including rail welds, is covered by a lifetime warranty to you as the original owner. We are confident in our work and you can be confident, too. :) TB

Hi Ava, thanks for your question.

4-sided welding is done on all 90 degree rail corners and wherever else we can physically reach with our welding equipment. Newly designed assemblies on R and G models include interior panels (versus exterior) and very technical, precision cuts and bends to the aluminum rails. (We are introducing this technique on the S series, too) Experienced welders will recognize that we are not able to "reach" the dramatic mitre cuts on some the new rails, but we do weld accurately and cleanly wherever possible. In additon, we do not weld between a rail and an interior panel on new designs, since this causes creases, bumps, etc., and is not aesthetically pleasing.

Since our newly re-designed rail assemblies have become very popular and they now outsell the 90 degree rails, we will change our literature next year to address the change. Your boat structure, including rail welds, is covered by a lifetime warranty to you as the original owner. We are confident in our work and you can be confident, too. :) TB
thank you for the response tb. this is a great place to ask a question like this and get a clear and accurate answer from the company.thanks again

Back