New PTMEdge pontoon boat mirror.

Received my mirror yesterday and I was surprised how well built this mirror is. For the last 15 years I had a much larger mirror on the ski boat, about 6 inches longer than the PTM and it was mounted up higher on the wakeboard rack. I mounted the PTM about even with the panel gages and to my surprise the view looking aft is as good as my old ski mirror and there is very little site blockage looking forward. I highly recommend it and yes I used the Bennington code for the discount.

Received my mirror yesterday and I was surprised how well built this mirror is. For the last 15 years I had a much larger mirror on the ski boat, about 6 inches longer than the PTM and it was mounted up higher on the wakeboard rack. I mounted the PTM about even with the panel gages and to my surprise the view looking aft is as good as my old ski mirror and there is very little site blockage looking forward. I highly recommend it and yes I used the Bennington code for the discount.
Pics when you can....

Love everyone’s pictures and thoughts above. I REALLY need to add this mirror next year!!!

I‘ve been kicking it around and was going to do it last year. It would be especially nice given the tubing and water sports we like to do.

I need to absorb our electrical system repair costs this year. However I am eyeing this and perhaps adding a Rockford Fosgate sub/amp (should be pre-wired under our helm coming off the electrical repairs) perhaps next year as my final bigger tweaks to our boat set up.

Love everyone’s pictures and thoughts above. I REALLY need to add this mirror next year!!!

I‘ve been kicking it around and was going to do it last year. It would be especially nice given the tubing and water sports we like to do.

I need to absorb our electrical system repair costs this year. However I am eyeing this and perhaps adding a Rockford Fosgate sub/amp (should be pre-wired under our helm coming off the electrical repairs) perhaps next year as my final bigger tweaks to our boat set up.
Vikingstaff - for the sub have them wire 8 gage hot/ground from the battery to under the helm like you stated, I highly recommend getting the JBL 10 inch sub, (JBLSUB BP10AM) if you have the fosgate PMX2 stereo it will be a 10 minute hook-up. Both the Kicker and Rockford fosgate subs are basically under-seat subs that really don't produce a lot of bass plus they are more expensive because of their size (doesn't make sense) The downside with the JBL is you lose all the space for storage under the helm. The sound is excellent !!

Vikingstaff - for the sub have them wire 8 gage hot/ground from the battery to under the helm like you stated, I highly recommend getting the JBL 10 inch sub, (JBLSUB BP10AM) if you have the fosgate PMX2 stereo it will be a 10 minute hook-up. Both the Kicker and Rockford fosgate subs are basically under-seat subs that really don't produce a lot of bass plus they are more expensive because of their size (doesn't make sense) The downside with the JBL is you lose all the space for storage under the helm. The sound is excellent !!
Thanks for advice!

As part of the electrical work, I paid extra to have the dealership pre-wired me from battery to under the helm for this eventual upgrade. Steve…aka Michman had planted that seed with me last fall. Brilliant idea since my boat was already torn apart.

I had been thinking the Rockford Fosgate P300-12 due to so many positive reviews of it on here. However, I’ll take a look at that JBL 10 inch sub as well. I am open and not looking to finalize this upgrade until perhaps either early or late next boating season…2023.

Laurence, Awesome write up and thank you for posting the pictures. I'm excited you finally found a place to mount the system, it looks awesome!.
Our web site has install videos for all our style mirrors and brackets. Check them out anytime.
Thanks again!
Thank you Jibby, truly a great mirror. LOL - "check them out anytime" did not work well in the middle of the lake.
As requested
That Garage!!!!!!!!!

Please use discount code CLUBBEN20! if a member from this site. Please and thanks..

So nice to see everyone loving our product. If anyone ever needs any warranty or service work done, do not hesitate to reach out to me anytime. We love happy customers and stand behind our product!

Please use discount code CLUBBEN20! if a member from this site. Please and thanks..

So nice to see everyone loving our product. If anyone ever needs any warranty or service work done, do not hesitate to reach out to me anytime. We love happy customers and stand behind our product!
It's a great product Jibby! Thx again for your generosity!

Are you guys using your protective "socks"?!?IMG_20220609_164812855.jpgIMG_20220609_164805770_HDR.jpg

Is there supposed to be a protective sock that comes with the mirror ?

Jibby is there a smaller mirror? The 14” just seems too big. Rail or helm mounts.

Jibby is there a smaller mirror? The 14” just seems too big. Rail or helm mounts.
When I was looking: 2 mirrors: VR140 6"x20" and VR100 6"x14". The Pontoon versions come with the VR100 standard. They are big, but provide great viewing. The mounting / swivel features features are complicated - the new version does not fold down like the old version, but removing is easy. Helm mount solves that issue. See BigKahuna he placed his forward which also solves the issue. PTM really needs to provide more insight and feedback on installation options - the cost of the Mirror and options make it difficult to fully understand the options and related Pro/Cons.

Attachments

• PTM Edge Mirror Data.pdf
    806.4 KB · Views: 25
Tim I believe they still have this model available. It's the original small rectangle mirror..... PXR-100 I believe.....Screenshot_20220610-164538.pngScreenshot_20220610-164518.png

I have gone a bit crazy. I bought the pxr-100. The base it came with is not as adjustable as the newer ones also the mirror doesn’t have the same capability for adjustment. So it’s out. I bought the giant helm mount one. It’s just too big (unless I can move it way over) I still need wife to hold it and see. So it may be out.
I bought another brand of rail mount and it only moves fore and aft and up and down. So it’s out. Finally I have the cup holder and a cheapy mirror that some brilliant member devised, he even had links for it. If it was a little taller it would be perfect. So far it’s the front runner and at $20-something it’s best bang for buck. I think a new style PTM either helm or rail with a smaller mirror would be the way to go.

I have gone a bit crazy. I bought the pxr-100. The base it came with is not as adjustable as the newer ones also the mirror doesn’t have the same capability for adjustment. So it’s out. I bought the giant helm mount one. It’s just too big (unless I can move it way over) I still need wife to hold it and see. So it may be out.
I bought another brand of rail mount and it only moves fore and aft and up and down. So it’s out. Finally I have the cup holder and a cheapy mirror that some brilliant member devised, he even had links for it. If it was a little taller it would be perfect. So far it’s the front runner and at $20-something it’s best bang for buck. I think a new style PTM either helm or rail with a smaller mirror would be the way to go.
Ask Jibby if the PXR-100 will fit the new adjustable base....

Back