New PTMEdge pontoon boat mirror.

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Had a problem with my pontoon boat mirror. Jibby, a member of this forum and PTMEdge rep was gracious and generous to send me a new mirror combo just on the market that combined the UCX and PXR models together creating a mirror model that can be installed inside or outside the rail and has better adaptability and maneuverability. Thanks again Jibby!!!IMG_20210618_125050535_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210618_125050535_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210618_125050535_HDR.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 93
Nice! Now that looks like a solid metal bracket. You will have to let us know how you like it and how it fits under the cover. Maybe more pictures are in order? TIA.

Nice! Now that looks like a solid metal bracket. You will have to let us know how you like it and how it fits under the cover. Maybe more pictures are in order? TIA.
Yes I'll post more pics later. It will bend or twist or turn anyway you want it to.

That's awesome Daril... You are very welcome! Actually this is the very first picture we have on a boat out in the "field" .. Please let us know how you like it or don't like it and if it does fit under the cover. We only tested it on one brand of tri toon and it did fit under the cover.... But don't tell anyone we only tested it on one boat.. LOL..

That's awesome Daril... You are very welcome! Actually this is the very first picture we have on a boat out in the "field" .. Please let us know how you like it or don't like it and if it does fit under the cover. We only tested it on one brand of tri toon and it did fit under the cover.... But don't tell anyone we only tested it on one boat.. LOL..
I would have installed it today but of course I left the set of Allen wrenches in the other box you sent the panoramic mirror in. (What a goof!) I don't foresee any problems with it fitting on the rail or folding down to fit under the cover. That's a solid well made bracket and love the way it swivels!

Finally had the time to go down to the boat and remove the old mirror and replace it with the new PTM Edge PCX-20 PRO pontoon mirror system that Jibby sent to me. It's a solid sharp looking well made mirror that moves and adjusts in multiple directions. It doesn't fold as flat as my last mirror but I had no trouble fitting the mooring cover over it...... Once again thank you to Jibby for his generosity!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210712_112533059.jpg
    IMG_20210712_112533059.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_20210712_112556130.jpg
    IMG_20210712_112556130.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_20210712_112822007.jpg
    IMG_20210712_112822007.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_20210712_113124772.jpg
    IMG_20210712_113124772.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Looking Good ! Love the fold down feature. Are these mirrors available in black for those who have blackout package ?

Yes. Bennington club discount code: clubben20!
Recommend the extension if you need more height. Black too.

Looking Good ! Love the fold down feature. Are these mirrors available in black for those who have blackout package ?
Yes! Also it'll fold down just about any direction you want. This is the first angle I tried.....

Last edited:
I love this forum! Thank you all so much for sharing your photos. I'm a new owner of a Bennington Tritoon and was just researching mirrors. I found the PTM pontoon mirror before stumbling upon this thread. Thanks Jibby-PTM for saving me $72 with that 20% off code clubben20!.

Yes. Bennington club discount code: clubben20!
Recommend the extension if you need more height. Black too.
Jibby, have you seen or heard from anyone that installed the helm version on left side / center vs the right side/rail? I think this would provide a larger field of view, yet the mirror is not so large as to obstruct the view forward. But, I have not been able to find a single such application - suggesting that what "seems smart", is not smart for some reason...... Appreciate any insight.....maybe I just have to be first!?!? PS - thank you for the discount code - just ordered the helm mount in midnight black.

Jibby, have you seen or heard from anyone that installed the helm version on left side / center vs the right side/rail? I think this would provide a larger field of view, yet the mirror is not so large as to obstruct the view forward. But, I have not been able to find a single such application - suggesting that what "seems smart", is not smart for some reason...... Appreciate any insight.....maybe I just have to be first!?!? PS - thank you for the discount code - just ordered the helm mount in midnight black.
Sent you a PM.....

Laurence,

Did you receive the reply email I sent to you this morning?

I still haven’t done a mirror yet and will probably go with a helm mount. Anyone have an opinion on left or right side of helm? The rail mount would mess with my lift guide bars ( I think). I have tried out a cheapy mirror system and it crap. However it really demonstrated how nice it was to have. How did you get it so cheaply?

Back