New Purchase 24' SCWX

GrandpaJim

Reaction score
Hi all, I am purchasing a 2015 close out, a 24' SCWX tri-toon which has the following options, are there any missing which are must have's? Regards

Yamaha F150Xade
Ski Tow Bar (Extended Aft Deck no Rub Rail)
Vinyl Full Floor Upgrade - Marine Tuff-Ply
Bow Gate Seat SX
Cupholder - Portable
Pillowtop Dielectric Upgrade (Diamond Press)
Recliner - G Series Helm Chair Upgrade
Stereo - Premium Bluetooth Stereo Upgrade
Fish/Depth Graph - Echo 100 Garmin
Battery - Single Switch
Sport Performance System with Transom Fuel (Includes Hydraulic Steering, Three Full-Length 25in Diameter Pontoons, Lifting Strakes on the Center Pontoon, Performance Foils on the Inside of the Outer Pontoons, Solid Round Keels on all Three Tubes, an Under Deck Wave Shield and a 32-Gallon Transom Fuel Tank on Select Models.)
Bimini Blue Ice LED Lighting
Trim Accent Espresso Teak
Snap in Sea Grass 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad setup for an old man Grandpa, that is going to move. 

Sounds like a nice boat!  Our tri with strakes and a 150 will run just a tick under 40 with 2 on board.

I would consider stainless docking lights (we love ours) and a rub rail of some sort (also stainless on our boat).  We tend to do a lot of docking over the summer at our lake (15 resturants with docks) and the rub rail has been worth the money to protect the outside of the boat....hey my docking skills are getting better  :D   :D

A couple of pics of the stainless lights and rub rail.....we have full seagrass

DSCN42251_zpsclrwmpc2.jpg

Back home in her dock

DSCN43041_zps9lgrunlg.jpg

Congrats! That will be a quick smooth running toon!

I just found out I am going to be a grandpa, so I changing all my screens names! 

I like the stainless docking lights and rub rail, definitely looking into them. 

Thanks for all the comments, appreciate it, can't wait to get on the water. 

Congrats Jim.  I'm new to Bennington's too.  You will love it.  Great looking' boat.

Congrats on the new Benny and the impending Grandpahood. We also got a new Benny this September, but it pales in comparison to the joy we get from our Grandchildren! So, you got the best of both! Life is good indeed!

Welcome to the forum and family - there are a lot of good people and a wealth of info on this site!

Congrats... We just purchased our first Benny this summer and could not be happier. Welcome to the club! Oh yeah... bigger motor if budget allows.

Yes, life is good indeed, looking forward to many family & friend moments on the Benny. To me, it's not what is in the boat, it's what the boat is in. Like first fishing trips, sunset cruises, tubing with laughing kids and relaxing with friends. It's all good and knowing you have a quality boat which will serve you well and last a long time is even better. 

Happy New Year!

Here's a pic from the dealers website.    

Congratulations ... sounds like a nice setup. Make sure to post up more PICS !!!

Have this boat and love it. You won't be disappointed. Wish we had the SPS, only have the Express tube setup

I would make sure you get the Yamaha Reliance SS prop. Made a huge difference for ours.

We've had the same boat for 2 years, love it more and more every time we take it out!   The only complaint I have, and if i could do it over, the Sony (M6) stereo that came with it never worked properly.   I know i probably should have addressed the issue when it first started acting up, but i just went and bought a bluetooth kenwood on sale at the end of year on sale (~100 bucks) that i will be installing for this season.  Cant wait for the season to start here!!!

Back