New purchase advice needed

Cwag,
That was my point on the SeaStar. I think Chris meant that he does not have the Power Assist but has the PS.
Steve, that is a good point. If not sure, you can go with more power as you don't have to use it but it is there if you do want it. And, I have never said I wanted less power and have had 15+ boats both power and sail...

Hydraulic is not power steering, it is fluid and not a cable. It does not have torque steer like cable steering but doesn't operate any easier. I love my power assist.

Cwag,
That was my point on the SeaStar. I think Chris meant that he does not have the Power Assist but has the PS.
Steve, that is a good point. If not sure, you can go with more power as you don't have to use it but it is there if you do want it. And, I have never said I wanted less power and have had 15+ boats both power and sail...

Oldchuck is correct. I have the Seastar hydraulic steering WITHOUT the extra pump required for full power steering. I had Seastar hydraulic steering on my last boat too and loved it because it eliminates torque from the motor getting back to the steering wheel. Also, without the extra pump that would turn the hydraulic system into a full power system.

Chris,
Are you running the 150 without either PS or PA or just the PA as I see SeaStar Steering in your boat description?
On a side note, what speed do you get with the 2275 Elliptical and the 150?

I think that my previous post covered the steering question. Now to slip lightly off topic, I can run just a shade under 40 with a couple of people and a half tank of fuel at 5900 rpm. That's turning the Yamaha Reliance prop recommended for the boat and motor combination.

Cheers!

I have a 150 with the Sea Star, not powered. Works for us. I'd like to have the power assist, just haven't ponied up the dollars yet.

As far as the motor size, nobody ever wished they had less HP.

First off thank you all for the advice

Second, well we bought a bought tonight.

We drove to a couple local dealers to look at few other brands, i mean spending this kind of money i have to look around. Don’t worry we still ended up with a benny, nothing at all like i described i wanted

We found a dealer with a 2018 23 GSRA, with SPS toons. My wife has always loved the arch, then to make matter worse it was the perfect exterior, Smokey granite with champagne accent panel. The interior is sandstone with perf carbon, and teak slate floor. The wife loved it. It’s a fast back with rear speakers that we liked. Full LED speakers, exterior and underwater stern lighting, we wouldn’t have ordered these but think they are nice. Kicker kmc10 and Rockwell speaker and amp, again wouldn’t have ordered this but we like good tunes. Has bow filler seat which we wanted.

It doesn’t have 2 things we would have ordered, raised helm, and middle toon storage locker. Dealer told me the raised helm gets beat up and looks bad after a few years. I can do without that its not super important. I may regret not getting the in toon storage. But we never pull skiers, i was planning on putting my screw in augers for the sand bar in there tho.

THe plus side is im getting a G series over the SXP, nicer helm which i really like, and i have to admit the arch is sexy and makes my wife extremely happy. I really like it myself.

OK lets talk engines.

The boat is currently set up with mercury DTS and the dealer had planned on a 200 Verado. Now if you remember we don’t EVER pull tubers or skiers and I don’t want to. THe dealer gave me 4 prices based on the engine we choose. He will remove the DTS if need be.

115 command thrust - $57k He has this engine in stock but needs to order the parts overnight to remove DTS
150 59k but he doesn’t have this engine
175 61k he says these are on back order from mercury
200 verado 63k He has this in stock

(How do these prices sound)

All prices are flat + tax. No doc or prep fees just add sales tax and go

Now he’s going to look around in the morning for a 150 from another dealer. If he can find one he will overnight the parts needed to remove the DTS and install the 115 or 150 (if he can find a 150 locally). He will also deliver this boat to my lake about 90 mins away so we can have it Saturday. Or I can have him install the 200 verado he has in stock.

I really think that the 115 would suit us just fine.
Wife think we should just tell him to install the 150 and wait if need be to get the boat
THe general manager said he would talk to his owner and see if they want to give me a break on the 200. I cant see spending the extra on the 200, but im sure I would be happy if i did.

I wont lie I want the boat this weekend if I can get it, I mean who wants to buy a new toy and not play with it LOL
I will talk to them in the morning and see what he finds, we left him a deposit and he said its fully refundable if I decide I don’t want to wait for a 150. Im hoping he comes down on the 200 and we can just call it done.

I will post the results

Thanks again

get the 200 w/DTS you wont regret it.

150 or 200. Read all the posts about the 115, even though you don't do water sports you won't regret the larger motor! Even if it means waiting an extra weekend or few. You will have this boat a long time and you may regret it in the years to come if you go with the 115, and always wonder "what if?" every time you boarded your boat. And she is a beautiful boat, I might add!! She deserves the 150 or 200!

You're right, the arch makes her sexy, but put a 150 or 200 on her...........wow!!

Speaking as the owner of a G with a 150, my advice would be get the 200. Beautiful boat by the way!

It's really easy to spend your money and just say "get the 200" but in the long run you'll be much better off . . . so . . .

GET THE 200!

Very nice ride!!!

Dealer told me the raised helm gets beat up and looks bad after a few years.

I have to laugh at your dealer stating this though. After 5 years on one boat (R) and second year on this one (G), my raised helms look brand new.... I’m wondering how you beat up a helm???

Beat up raised helm , mine is almost two years old and looks new. Beautiful boat, you will be glad you got the Bennie. I agree with all above posts concerning engine size. Nothing against the 115, we almost bought one, but it would be a shame to put one on that beautiful boat. Never say never on the water sports and think resale.

If you opt for the 115 I'm going to slap you! I say that because I had a bennington with a 115, sold it after 3 months and ordered a new boat with a 200 and we love it. Learn from my mistake!!!

Back