New to fourm

birdieman

Reaction score
I am from Ontario Canada. We just ordered our first Bennington pontoon yesterday. We went for the R series model 2250 RCL with a 250 HP Evinrude ETEC. What kind of speed can i expect to get out of this rig and also how this handle rough water as all of our boating is done in Long Point Bay on lake Erie. This is our first pontoon we were used to runabouts. Thanks looking forward to any input.

Wow! That'll be quite a performer with a 250 hp 2 stroke. However if you're going to be a rough water boater, you should consider changing your boat order to a longer hull.

I don't know what your speeds would be, but I'll yield to others on this website that have more comparable boats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am from Ontario Canada. We just ordered our first Bennington pontoon yesterday. We went for the R series model 2250 RCL with a 250 HP Evinrude ETEC. What kind of speed can i expect to get out of this rig and also how this handle rough water as all of our boating is done in Long Point Bay on lake Erie. This is our first pontoon we were used to runabouts. Thanks looking forward to any input.
There are a number of variables, but you'll definitely be in the 40's.

How many logs did you get? And what kind?

That's a good choice. You'll have a shockingly nimble (and fast) boat that will be able to deal with the rougher waters you'll encounter and will be able to get you home quickly if things get rough.

I would guess your speed will be around 47-48mph.

It is POSSIBLE that if you get the right prop so that you can max out your RPM range without over-revving, you COULD crack 50mph. 250hp is where the threshold is if everything else is right.

Any idea what prop would be a good one? All I know is it is going to be stainless.

If you go onto Bennington's main site, click resources,performance, there is a test of a 2275 with a 250 Etec, it doesn't say what it had for toons, but shows 54mph top speed with a Viper 14 3/4 x 18 prop. It also shows the mileage and some other stats.

Derrick

That is a nice setup Birdieman. I would think high 40's at least are in your future. The setup with the third tube should provide a good ride in rough water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back