New to me GCW - questions

I'm confused with this thread. I thought the dealer said the boat had the wave panning on the boat. So why is a price being worked up along with the express tube? Did your sales invoice list out all the options on the boat? If so, I'd be showing the dealer the invoice.Or was it just verbal sales talk? Lastly, I hope your going to enjoy the boat this summer and do the work in the off season. Best of luck with everything.

Was verbal sales talk - not listed on sales sheet - salesman voiced he's in hot water and trying to figure out what to do.   His offer to sell me a brand new boat is not the answer.  I voiced I expected to be made whole as promised and he voiced he's "working on it".  He's new to sales, learning a tough lesson.  I pretty sure he really thought it had the shield - I'm trying to work with him.  

The work will be offseason unless they can promise Ina dan out two days etc.  

the he man is putting new prop on now so we roll again in a few minutes

Last edited by a moderator:
The dealer at the very least should give you a super deal on that waveshield. How much is that option on the "boat builder"???

I'm a bit confused by this as well. The salesman says the boat has underskinning, but is does not, ok, you want an express tube added, at your expense, ok.

Adding an express tube nullifies the whole underskin debate as the underskin would have to be changed/modified as part of the addition of the tube right?  Did i misunderstand something here?

I understand the salesman misrepresented the options for this used boat, but complaining about something that will have to be changed as part of your modifications does not make sense to me.

If i'm off the mark here, somebody straighten me out. :unsure:

If you pay for something with the understanding it is on there (per the salesman), and it is not...I think you should be entitled to the value of the missing piece regardless of future plans for the boat.

If you pay for something with the understanding it is on there (per the salesman), and it is not...I think you should be entitled to the value of the missing piece regardless of future plans for the boat.

True.  But what would likely happen is that the dealer would eventually give a deal on the initial aforementioned underskinning, then charge OP for removal in order to install the triple.

Charge for removal of something that isn't there??????? At the end of the day the dealer is going to have to eat some/all the cost associated with the under skinning. If it was me I would only be paying for the express tube. They would be covering the rest. I cannot stand sales people who don't know the product. Lesson time.

Have not heard back on the offer of under skinning.   Or the cost of toon add on....told me they were figuring i

update : frustrated!

dealer not calling me back as promised

when I gave them several more days, called and they replied Factory Hull ID # doesn't match what they have on record so cannot price.   Asked me to shoot em a pic of the Hull I'd # which I did this am 

no answer for not having wave shield as told at purchase - no answer on how he can work with me on $ for said shield   - 

phone number to dealer goes straight to sales guy every time.   I suppose he's carrying the company cell #.   Should I go over his head at this point?   

If you feel you provided ample chances. Yes.

I'm a bit confused by this as well. The salesman says the boat has underskinning, but is does not, ok, you want an express tube added, at your expense, ok.

Adding an express tube nullifies the whole underskin debate as the underskin would have to be changed/modified as part of the addition of the tube right?  Did i misunderstand something here?

I understand the salesman misrepresented the options for this used boat, but complaining about something that will have to be changed as part of your modifications does not make sense to me.

If i'm off the mark here, somebody straighten me out. :unsure:

1.  Dealer is making good on prop, so check that off the list.

2.  Salesman screwed up with the underskinning issue.  Call this "Point A".

3.  You're looking to add an express tube.  Call this " Point B".

I would propose the following:

1.  Dealer eats labor cost of what underskinning would have been as well as what dealer cost would be for materials for Point A.  Let's say value of Point A is $1,000 (totally hypothetical number)

2.  You pay for Express tube and associated underskinning = $3,500 (again hypothetical number) total for Point B.

You and dealer agree on Point B ($3,500) minus value assigned to Point A ($1,000).  Your out-the-door cost is $2,500.  Everybody's happy.

1.  Dealer is making good on prop, so check that off the list.

2.  Salesman screwed up with the underskinning issue.  Call this "Point A".

3.  You're looking to add an express tube.  Call this " Point B".

I would propose the following:

1.  Dealer eats labor cost of what underskinning would have been as well as what dealer cost would be for materials for Point A.  Let's say value of Point A is $1,000 (totally hypothetical number)

2.  You pay for Express tube and associated underskinning = $3,500 (again hypothetical number) total for Point B.

You and dealer agree on Point B ($3,500) minus value assigned to Point A ($1,000).  Your out-the-door cost is $2,500.  Everybody's happy.

Like the reply - thank you.    I'm somewhat reasonable I think and the Salesman did not mean to mislead me.   I would like them to be a lil more responsive though.   I'm practicing my patience.   

BTW, 

anyone that added the Express Tube know how high the boat was raised?   I'd like to still be able to dock my boat with the top up - I have about 4 inches of clearance now.  

Had 7 people on her yesterday in rough lake waters, she did ok - but hoping that's when the addition of express tube shines - I was thinking about what a turbulent wash of water with no underskinning was taking place - you could really feel the constant surge.   

Update, as of this post - another week - no return call or answer on how they will handle wave shield.   I've sent an email - yesterday am and nothing.   

Thoughts?

I'm thinking they just want for you to go away and be done with it. This is probably going to cost somebody some money and they're hoping it's not them. Just my two cents. Good luck...

For those following, 

complete price of 3500 for express tube and skin

offer on wave shield was free labor for mistake on adding it to list on sale - I pay for shield   

Im thinking do the express tube and skin and let them knock some $ off for labor.    Took me going to next level - 

checking to to see if adding this third toon will raise my boat too high as to clear my dock roof with top up, only have 6 inches, doubt it would but we are going to measure.  Salesman now stated if I add the third toon I will have a 10 year boat, as opposed to his initial response of it wont be what I want it to be...

Your dealer sounds..... uh.... interesting!  I know of 2 others at least on this forum that added the express tube afterwards and only heard good things about the performance and ride difference!  I'm sure they will chime in here.  Have to keep us posted as to how this all plays out.  During our boat build we originally only had the normal 2 toons, but at the last possible second persuaded our dealer to work with Bennington to get the SPS package.  If it didn't work out we would have added the express tube!  No question in our mind if it was going to be worth it. 

They tell me adding express toon will raise the boat 3 inches, does this sound correct? 

They tell me adding express toon will raise the boat 3 inches, does this sound correct? 

I think there are too may variables to accurately predict. I think the only way is to have a 2 tube boat with exactly the same equipment next to one with the Express Tube.

I did get more bow rise at rest when my Express Tube was retrofitted, but the stern, if anything rode a bit lower. If you have the standard Bimini top, maybe it will still clear, even if the bow rises more than 4".

Back