OEM Replacement Cover

Gus0025

Reaction score
Does anyone have a source(s) for an OEM quality replacement covers for a Bennington Pontoon that actually fits and utilizes the snaps as opposed to tie downs?

My dealer has a canvas shop ,they made mine .they do need to have the boat on site to match the snaps

Does anyone have a source(s) for an OEM quality replacement covers for a Bennington Pontoon that actually fits and utilizes the snaps as opposed to tie downs?

Tie downs?? Do you mean the clips? If so, are you having issues using the clips? If so, have you seen my video on using the covers with clips?

I actually have a never used OEM cover for sale. But for details you'll have to look in the "For Sale / Wanted" thread that is pinned at the top of this section of the forum. (We're not allowed to advertise things for sale in the rest of the forum.)

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/th...ors-read-rules-please-post-in-here-only.8434/

What year and model boat do you have?

Thanks to all. My original equipment cover came with snaps that snap to the railing and hull, 4 plastic vents that also integrate into the vertical tent style poles. It is a very custom fit that I was hoping to be able to replicate as opposed to the after market ones out there that use clips, straps, etc.

Check for a canvas shop in your area

Check for a canvas shop in your area

Or check with me. Hint. Hint. :)

New covers are delivered without snaps. You can put them on or you can pay a canvas shop to install them to line up with the ones already on your railing and hull. Mine is OEM and has 4 vents.

Or check with me. Hint. Hint. :)

New covers are delivered without snaps. You can put them on or you can pay a canvas shop to install them to line up with the ones already on your railing and hull. Mine is OEM and has 4 vents.
Care to share a your source for the cover?

I have bought a OEM cover from Tumac, the company that makes the covers for Bennington. They have the patterns. It comes with snaps that you have to install because the snaps are never in exactly the same place on boats. Not a big job but get a good snap installer

I have bought a OEM cover from Tumac, the company that makes the covers for Bennington. They have the patterns. It comes with snaps that you have to install because the snaps are never in exactly the same place on boats. Not a big job but get a good snap installer
I'm looking at getting a cover from Tumac. Just curious how you liked it. Pricey? Did it have the plastic vents in it? Did it fit well? Sorry. For th he barrage of questions!!

The cost was less than a shop wanted for a custom cover. It fit perfect because Tumac had the pattern. It took me less than 2 hours by myself to install the new snaps on the cover. It had new plastic vents at the pole locations.

My cover has the clips that I really like. Can you post a link to your video?

Here ya go...

The cost was less than a shop wanted for a custom cover. It fit perfect because Tumac had the pattern. It took me less than 2 hours by myself to install the new snaps on the cover. It had new plastic vents at the pole locations.
Which snap installer did you use?

Here ya go...

Good morning sir. Thank you for your Service.
I have a Bennington much like yours in cover design. Our cover too has the clips which are the best thing since bagged bread. It also has the zippered side access to the port side. I am just starting to try to find a replacement cover just like the one I have now. Is there a possibility that you might know of a source for the exact cover without having to have one made?
Thanks for the great video and again thanks for your Service.

I have a Bennington much like yours in cover design. Our cover too has the clips which are the best thing since bagged bread. It also has the zippered side access to the port side. I am just starting to try to find a replacement cover just like the one I have now. Is there a possibility that you might know of a source for the exact cover without having to have one made?
As mentioned above, Tumac‘s is the company that makes Bennington’s covers. They have all he pattterns. You can contact them, and buy the perfect cut and fit. Good luck!!!

Thank you.
As stated above, a dealer is pretty much the route for exact match without having one made. That said you can probably get one made just as good or better fire same or less money.

Back