On my boat's 1th anniversary...this makes me proud

JeffS

Reaction score
It's only been one year with my 2014 2250 GBR. And I don't own a lake home...we trailer everywhere we go. On my boats one-th anniversary, this made me smile big enough to commemorate it with a picture.

Jeff Looks like your getting some good use out of your boat good for you I never understood how they say the Average boat owner only puts 40 hrs on a boat per year. The first year we had ours I put 200 Hr's on it. 

Jeff Looks like your getting some good use out of your boat good for you I never understood how they say the Average boat owner only puts 40 hrs on a boat per year. The first year we had ours I put 200 Hr's on it. 
Depends on where you boat. In Havasu you spend a lot of time either beached or at anchor playing in the water. When I was into offshore performance boating, I spent a lot more time running the boat between destinations.

Dang! 

My 3 year old 24SSLX just has 50 hours.  We were so busy last year building on our lake house that we didn't have time for the water. 

Since the lake's in our front yard, we don't have to go out for hours on end--hauling everyone around the lake.  It's nice just running 1/2 mile out in the river and floating for hours on end listening to the radio at night.

We've been expecting the doldrums of Summer to show up, however it's been rather windy and wavy all Summer.  Today the lake was finally like water--and 98 degrees.  I think it'll be a late night floating around kind'a night.

Ive had mine for just over 2 months now and have clocked over 40 hours on it so far. I bought the boat used with 150 hours on it. We will easily hit 80 or more by the end of the season.  At what hour mark does the resale value take a dive?  Is it similar to cars hitting 100,000 miles??  Not that I plan on PAD anytime soon but it would be nice to know.  Ive never owned an outboard before.

We've had ours a month, and have around 50 hours on it. Yes, we love our boat! I'm sure we will slow down with it, but it's new so what can I say?

Last edited by a moderator:
We've had ours a month, and have around 50 hours on it. Yes, we love our boat! I'm sure we will slow down with it, but it's new so what can I say?
Wow that is some hours on the boat.  In the three years since we had our boat we have put 161 hours on it.  I think what Bamaman said is true.  We spend a lot of time just sitting on the beach with our neighbors and are not in the boat all day.  Plus we go on our neighbors boats as well so we haven't racked up the hours like some of you.

Glad to see so many that love the water as much as we do

I think it's just because of the newness. We've been going out every Thursday evening to watch the sunset, plus most Saturdays and Sundays. We've made a couple of 50 mile runs up the river.

We travel. Lake Michigan is the biggest lake in this 1/2 of...Earth. So many places to explore. A lake like no other. If you have never been, and you have a big HP tritoon with rough water package, it is an amazing place to visit.

Well these boats are meant to be run. 

We still plan to tow our boat up to Chattanooga and come back down the TN River 200 miles home.  It'd be a 2 day run with one night spent at the Hampton Inn or Windham in Guntersville, AL.  Both have boat docks attached.

Up until now, it's been rainy and windy.  Today the water was very still--but too hot @ 98 degrees.   In the deep south, there's no such thing as perfect conditions.  Get the temperature right, and it'll be October 1st and the water will be too cold to swim in.

Then pick up the Jeep and 

Well these boats are meant to be run. 

We still plan to tow our boat up to Chattanooga and come back down the TN River 200 miles home.  It'd be a 2 day run with one night spent at the Hampton Inn or Windham in Guntersville, AL.  Both have boat docks attached.

Up until now, it's been rainy and windy.  Today the water was very still--but too hot @ 98 degrees.   In the deep south, there's no such thing as perfect conditions.  Get the temperature right, and it'll be October 1st and the water will be too cold to swim in.

Then grab the Jeep and head to Hawk Pride Off-road Park! I love that place.

Ive had mine for just over 2 months now and have clocked over 40 hours on it so far. I bought the boat used with 150 hours on it. We will easily hit 80 or more by the end of the season.  At what hour mark does the resale value take a dive?  Is it similar to cars hitting 100,000 miles??  Not that I plan on PAD anytime soon but it would be nice to know.  Ive never owned an outboard before.
In my experience, the condition is much more important than hours.  A low hour engine will bring a premium but high hours won't kill the price.  A soft deck will kill the deal. When we bought our big boat the condition of the seats and canvas lowered the price much more than the high engine hours.  The boat was used in a boat club and was in the sun for 3 years. 

I broke 30 hours on my 3 season old boat this weekend!! The worse part is my cousin only has 15 hours on his MB Sport and I think this is the 4th for him! 

I broke 30 hours on my 3 season old boat this weekend!! The worse part is my cousin only has 15 hours on his MB Sport and I think this is the 4th for him! 
Bulldog, I think I might be able to help - is the problem because you are trying to tow your Bennington with that MB

Well how else am I going to get a good surf wake!

I wish I had an hour meter. My 07 had one but the 11 does not. :( , I averaged 40-50 hours in our 3-4 month fair weather boating season on my last boat this one maybe a few less as we have had cold short summers the last 3 years or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
185 hours. That is the way toys are supposed to be used!

I am embarrassed to say, that my odometer is no where near that, and our boat sits at our dock about 200 feet from my lounge chair. (Y)

185 hours. That is the way toys are supposed to be used!

I am embarrassed to say, that my odometer is no where near that, and our boat sits at our dock about 200 feet from my lounge chair. (Y)
Any way you can get the boat closer to your lounge chair so you can use it more? :)

Any way you can get the boat closer to your lounge chair so you can use it more? :)
Wait, could you put the lounge chair on the boat? :)

Back