options

SheCaptain

Reaction score
What options have you found you cant live without and which ones did you feel were a waste of $$$?

I depends on you needs, usage and budget .

For example I ordered wet sounds and power steering . Some may think that is a waste of money .

I did not or I would not have ordered it .

There are also some items that are options on one model and standard on others .

These are some I would not be with out .

Wave shield 

Shark hide 

If you plan on a 150 or higher ,power steering 

Dual batteries ,( possible distribution panel ) with switch 

Elevated Helm 

Upgrade stereo ( blue tooth ) 

water fuel separator. 

Others will have some other ideas 

We have an older boat but underskin is a must. I added power steering to our boat because it was hard to steer.

We haven't been able to take ours out too many times but here are a couple things we are still working around; we think the table with the cooler underneath is too big. Until we have a place to dock, the bow seat just gets in the way too. We usually beach and get out the front so the bow seat gets put in front of the side door and rubs on the back of the other seat, and we are also worried about a tear in the floor if it gets dragged. We are still glad we have it for later though. The cup holders look nice but they generally get tossed under the seat, could go either way.

Love all the blue lights, wish we got the wet sounds with more speakers.

Glad we got the upgraded upholstery and captains chairs, double Bimini and seagrass but kinda wish we got the rear teak but thought it would be too hot. The sea grass gets hot enought to burn our feet so I guess we made the right choice for our area.

As far as all the boat building parts; we got all we could and she rides awesomely so enough said there but will never really know if we could have done without some items.

When we made our deal we did not know the price of any individual item except for a few small things we added after so it would be hard know if we could have saved much leaving any of these things out.

Leslie

Since we don't live on the lake.........my wife can't live w/out the changing room!

Wish we had the double bimini and in floor storage............

We've had our boat for about 6 weeks now and have had it out on the lake probably 10 times.  As Jack mentioned, it totally depends on your needs, here are some of our must haves, in no particular order:

• CleanWaste Portable Toilet (*ok, probably the most important for us, given we have a three year old.  Has been used almost every time we've been on the boat, multiple times each trip)  Ordered it from Amazon.
  • Given our regular use of the above...we've decided to order the Privacy Enclosure
  • Center Tube Storage - man we have a lot of crap on our boat...couldn't live without the huge storage area
  • Extended Bow Deck - We use this all the time when docking, and it's an inexpensive option (relative).  Just makes the boat feel longer too.  I'm sure the Aft Deck is awesome and a must have for many, however, we could not justify the cost (relative to our budget) and haven't missed it yet.  Although I don't know what I'm missing :)
  • Bluetooth Sony Stereo - Use it very time out
  • SPS with 150hp - Soo glad we spent the extra money for this.  Just yesterday, it was really rough on the water with high winds.  We had a fun day that I'm confident would not have been enjoyable with two-toons and a smaller motor.  The tri-toon just makes it feel so much more stable.  The 150hp, allowed us to get up on plane and glide over the chop, even with 6 on the boat.
  • Fish/Depth finder - must have for us...our lakes have many shallows that you have to navigate.

Mileage will vary, but we're super happy with our selection of options...not all I mentioned.  I think we have a nice mix of budget savings and features.

-Jason

Ours is a fishing model, so a little different.  We did upgrade the Captains Chairs and Fishing Chairs.  Dual Batteries.  Blue Tooth Stereo.

All the other upgrades were relevant to fishing.  Trolling Motor, Lowrance HD7 GPS, Power Pole, Wash Down.

Last edited by a moderator:
full seagrass is a must.

Gotta haves: in-floor storage, largest fuel tank possible, raised helm, full sea grass,Bluetooth stereo, co-captains lounge, power steering

Wouldn't buy again: ottoman cooler (rolls around when moving and want the cooler up at the house for loading with ice and drinks, not down at the boat. We never even take it on the boat anymore)

Heavy duty rub rail.....cannot believe that is not standard on G & S.

G series chair should also be standard equipment.

Depth finder of some sort.

Extended front deck...best idea for 2014.

LED docking lights.

Tilt steering should be standard.

USB input for stereo. (Thumb drive baby!)

Bear in mind, if items all started becoming "standard" you would start pricing people out of their budget range. Remember, these boats are used in rough or mild waters, so where you need heavy duty, I wouldn't. Where you may want the luxury G chair, I'm fine with the S model ..... I like the way Bennington options everything out for you. I always hated when you have to get a "package" in a car to get one thing you want, and don't need the others. I give kudos to Bennington for giving us the option.

Just my 2 cents ..... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, I really like the idea that everything was an option and I could get exactly what I wanted. That is one reason I didn't look at dealer stock--I knew it would have the most common options and some I would want, some I would not.

Back