Ouch ! First ding on my new boat

Reaction score
Had the boat at a transient dock this past weekend and a 25' center console with a bow anchor didn't quite make it in to the spot next to me.  Luckily it was on camera at the marina and the gentleman left me his name and number.

This is on the port side, and it looks like one large panel from the mid-gate to the bow gate. 

Has anyone had to replace one of these,  I am trying to get an idea on how much it will cost.

IMG_0787.JPG

Sorry to hear that. My dealer replaced our starboard bow panel last winter for another reason, but my situation was covered under warranty so I didn't see the bill. It was an easy change out for the dealer, but we're only 60 miles from the factory here.

Ouch. Gotta call the dealer for pricing. It should be all one piece. Panel and fence. At least he should be paying for it ..... you can be thankful for that. 

Darn! The good news is that you know who did it and won't have to cover the expense. The timing isn't too bad either, what with the season ending in the next month or so for many of us.

The timing isn't too bad either, what with the season ending in the next month or so for many of us.

Season?  Ain't that somethin' that we put on our food down here?  :p

I have some scars on my fence from "dock wars" and other incidents.  Going to see what it will take to get them cleaned up as best I can.  Don't want to submit a claim though, as none of them are really bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the quote for repairs back.  $1,550 !  Fortunately the other boater is all over this with his insurance company and we should have this taken care of quickly.  Unfortunate accident but it is reassuring to see that we still have people who accept responsibility for their actions and will make it right.  The fellow feels awful about what happen and can't stop apologizing,  I could not be working with a nicer gentleman.

N2B, that's great news to hear.  I know how disheartening it is to see you new boat take it's first big ding; sounds like the other boater is a true stand-up guy.

Can they repair it, or are they replacing the fence?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fence panels are replace only.

Season?  Ain't that somethin' that we put on our food down here?  :p

Yeah, I wish we were discussing food. Although it's been in the 80's, according to the long range forecast where I boat, nothing but low 70's or high 60's in sight. And if we do get a random warm day, odds are that it'll be in the middle of the week. 

I have similar damage on my 24' SSRX.  Insurance quote showed approximately $500 for the panel.  Plus registration numbers and decals (a few dollars).  The panel comes off by the few screws that hold it together from the outside.  I would take the $1550 and buy the panel directly.  Save up for the next damage.

You are correct, New To Boating! It's good to see there are some with a little responsibility left. Renews my hope. :)

Things do happen, that's life.  So nice to hear the other boater immediately took responsibility and is handling his end of it.  I was getting ready to give up on humanity.

Back