Our Maiden Voyage!

Great Dane

Reaction score
A huge thanks is in order to Chris and Darcy (clrd)! They were kind enough to help us get our Benny on the water for the first time on Sunday after a nightmare attempt to do it myself the night before! Spec lake in Princeton was where I finally earned my sea legs. A little chilly out, but I got the motor all broke in and the kids had fun....with more to come! I even got it back on the trailer for the first time with relative ease thanks to Chris's guidance!

We also had a chance to check the top end, and I was pleasantly surprised to be able to get about 21 MPH with the whole fam on board!

Looks like the family had a great time. Way to go Chris helping out! We've got some great members on here for sure!

Great looking boat...congratulations! Looks like the kids had a blast...

Excellent looking boat!! You all will have a great time with the new boat.

It's great seeing the family together having fun. Many good times ahead  :)

Congratulations!!   Family, treats, fun...everyone will be looking forward to the next trip!

Glad you found some local help.  I'm not too far away either if you ever get in a bind (Big Lake).

A few more trips and it'll be "old hat" ;-)

Mark

Congrats! (and jealous) :)

I'm with you though, it's (almost) never too cold for the maiden voyage!

Great pictures Great Dane, your boat will make this summer the kids will never forget

"nightmare attempt to do it myself?"  -- tell me more so I can learn what to do or not to do when solo

Nice, starting "Miles of Smiles" club .....  :)

I took delivery of my new boat in March when it was 40 degrees out the lake temp was 42. Makes for a very cold on water delivery instruction / drive. The people at Kelly's Port were awesome.

Congrats Great Dane! Have a great summer!

"nightmare attempt to do it myself?"  -- tell me more so I can learn what to do or not to do when solo
I tried to land it at a landing that was too shallow! Had to pull out a few times so other people could get in...I looked like a total moron and trashed my license plate on the trailer (which has since fallen off somewhere between Princeton and Zimmerman!). Once we went to the next lake over with a better (steeper) landing, and some advice from Chris, it was easy!

Congrats on the 1st outing.  They'll get easier every time out!  ENJOY!

Your family is going to have a ton of fun this summer!

Don't sweat stuff too much. Ask for help when you need it. Always play it safe with all the little ones. And have a good time!

Chris and Darcy have earned the forum award for helping out! Problem is we don't have one... If we did, they'd get it!

A huge thanks is in order to Chris and Darcy (clrd)! They were kind enough to help us get our Benny on the water for the first time on Sunday after a nightmare attempt to do it myself the night before! Spec lake in Princeton was where I finally earned my sea legs. A little chilly out, but I got the motor all broke in and the kids had fun....with more to come! I even got it back on the trailer for the first time with relative ease thanks to Chris's guidance!

We also had a chance to check the top end, and I was pleasantly surprised to be able to get about 21 MPH with the whole fam on board!
We were glad to help out, 

It was really nice to meet Jason & Sarah (Great Dane) and their children, It was also nice to see all of them out enjoying there new Benny, 

I am sure they will have a a lot of fun this summer and also the start of many more great memories.

Chris and Darcy have earned the forum award for helping out! Problem is we don't have one... If we did, they'd get it!
Thanks Kaydano,  But I would like to think that most here on the forum would lend a helping hand if the need arose.

In a way it is not much different than what we all already do now. We take the time to read the forum here and answer questions that other members have.

So we were happy to help out. Meet new people and make new friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back