Outer lifting strakes?

David G

Reaction score
Question about lifting strakes on the outside of the outer toons. I dont think Bennington uses them? or do they?
Manitou uses them. My next door neighbor has them on his Aurora 25' w/ 250 Evinrude 2 stroke. It is a 2019 model.
One day he was bragging about how fast it was, like over 50 easy. I told him no way. At the time I had my 2020 23RFB
w/ 250 SHO motor, 45-46 MPH w/ very strong acceleration. Well one evening we met out on the lake, We both put them in gear
side by side and said go. HE ate my lunch big time, when I let out at 45 MPH he was light years ahead of me.
So my question is-Do the outer side strakes work? Why dont Bennington use them?

From what I gather, they help with speed but hurt cornering.
Id be interested in the weight difference between your 2 boats too.

I have them on my 2007 2575RL Supersport

My brother was first owner and I don't know what options he got.

You'll note the bow wave deflectors are also beefed up.

Attachments

• 11232.jpeg
    11232.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I've never ridden in another Bennington so I can't compare.

It's also an I/O so I imagine I get some extra lift from that big vee-hull engine compartment.

Probably need it for that 5-liter V-8...

Attachments

• 20180602_140956-1.jpg
    20180602_140956-1.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 24
Those G2 Etecs are very strong, 2-stroke torque so that could contribute to the distance between you two. Top speed could be design but also weight - never compared the two to see actually.
His boat was heavier than my 23RFB, Also longer. Your right those Etecs are monsters.

I had lifting strakes on the outside of my Bennington. The boat jumped out of the water and got on plane quicker! It made the boat turn flat!

I've never ridden in another Bennington so I can't compare.

It's also an I/O so I imagine I get some extra lift from that big vee-hull engine compartment.

Probably need it for that 5-liter V-8...
How's your boat running this year Tin?!?

Strakes are an option certain hull configurations .

Hey BigKahuna - thanks for asking! Only had it out once and it was fine. Planning to take it out this weekend (finally!).
We've had non-stop home-renovation jobs going on and just haven't been able to break away. Sad.
This is when I envy those with lake houses - 5 minutes to launch vs trailering to the lake.

Hey BigKahuna - thanks for asking! Only had it out once and it was fine. Planning to take it out this weekend (finally!).
We've had non-stop home-renovation jobs going on and just haven't been able to break away. Sad.
This is when I envy those with lake houses - 5 minutes to launch vs trailering to the lake.
Have a Great upcoming weekend on it. Sounds like it is well deserved, and long overdue.

I have the strakes on inner and outer, but I have the twin 32" elip package. This set up jumps on plane quickly, fairly quick straight line speed, but still turns pretty flat.

Back