Parting is such sweet sorrow

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow is the day. The Benny is sold. :( supposed to meet tomorrow to do the paperwork and watch my baby go. It'll be weird to see her hooked on to another man's Escalade, but at least she can take comfort in the familiarity, just a different colour I believe.

I sure hope he recognizes all the little things that put her in a class all her own. At least I won't have to lift those dang batteries out and carry them downstairs to the basement again! Bittersweet. Happy someone will finally get to use her.

I'm still going to linger around on here, no one else will have me! To answer the question before its asked, NO, I didn't buy another one! Not yet anyways. Who knows what could happen in a couple years, pay down some debt and let the wheels start turning. Although, my dealer DOES have my second boat back, fella traded it in on a Swingback. I think it had 28 hours when I traded it, he's got her up to 266!

That's it, not much more I can say about it, except thanks Bennington. Thanks for building these boats, hosting this forum, and creating friendships across these countries.

Sad to hear but happy for you to work in your plan. Hope you do stick around and who knows, Bennington sure has choices for every budget.....

Congrats on the sale. Hopefully you can get the finances squared away and get back to boating before too long. Don't be a stranger.

Congrats on the sale. Hopefully you can get the finances squared away and get back to boating before too long. Don't be a stranger.
Yes, between the vet bills and job change, finances took a beating! We could still afford it, but if we aren't using it what Is the point in having it. Actually, one of the biggest things tugging at me is I doubt I'll ever own a boat this nice again!! Haha Financially, everything aligned and my dealer worked hard for me, but also I don't think my wife will let me buy one again! I'm too protective of things, as in, I worry so much about keeping it in mint shape that I forget it's meant to be used!

I can definitely say that the feeling when you get out there first thing in the morning, when there's not a boat in sight, the water is as smooth as glass with just that little undulating rolling ripple on the surface and you crank it up to about 30mph and spin that wheel and do a huge power turn and you swear you are dang near perpendicular to the water, you ESP folks know what I mean, THAT feeling, will stay with me forever. That was when I loved my boat the most. Just me and the wife and no one else around. It wasn't about showing off to someone, it was just for us.
(Don't get me wrong, cranking the tunes and zipping through the beach always put a smile on my face too!! Haha)

Trust me, I get the "keeping it mint condition" disorder. I told the wife, maybe we should just buy a beater toon and not be worried about it being mint, then we walk onto the dock, see ours , and well, that's the end of that ....;)
There is a really old pontoon with a homemade enclosure that sits on the next dock, that I told her I'm gong to buy, so when it's raining, or cold, we can still enjoy tooning .... it's not the prettiest thing but at least I'd be on the water no matter what the temp. We could even sleep overnight at the lake..:)

Congratulations on the sale! You'll get back in it one day. I can tell......its in your blood!

I saw a quote a while back about not using your toys. It went something like

Not putting miles on your toys is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she is (opposite of looser) for the next guy.

If "Pulling a Derrick Syndrome" now means selling one's boat without a replacement, I don't wanna catch it.

Glad you are sticking around. If you ever get to Michigan during boating season, the ride is on me. Thanks for making this club fun.

Good luck in your future endeavors Derrick.

I feel your pain man! I haven't even gotten to the point of admitting it here, but I sold my boat in late July. It was so hard to see it go! I had decided not to sell it, but we're also juggling a massive (expensive) home renovation and I knew it would be almost a year before we could even take it out again with our schedules and other vacations planned so I put it back up with a firm price and someone bought it without even looking at it first. I've been researching what to buy next ever since so I'm officially considering myself 'in between boats'. Good luck on the sale today. I'm sure there's plenty of folks around here who would have you over to get your Bennington fix if you need it!

Hang in Derrick. I absolutely felt you when you talked about being on the water with no one else doing one of those power turns! Life takes many turns and hopefully it will bring you back to the water in time. Stick around this place as your insight is really valuable.

If you not using your boat it makes total sense to sell Now and then come back to it in a few years when you have the time. I'm sure newer bigger batter versions of your boat will be available. I know you did lots of mods. I'm sure your next one will be Ben better

I feel your pain man! I haven't even gotten to the point of admitting it here, but I sold my boat in late July. It was so hard to see it go! I had decided not to sell it, but we're also juggling a massive (expensive) home renovation and I knew it would be almost a year before we could even take it out again with our schedules and other vacations planned so I put it back up with a firm price and someone bought it without even looking at it first. I've been researching what to buy next ever since so I'm officially considering myself 'in between boats'. Good luck on the sale today. I'm sure there's plenty of folks around here who would have you over to get your Bennington fix if you need it!
Haha, well I guess all the PADS therapy sessions are paying off, our openness has spurred people to come forward and tell the group they have SADS, you know, Sold And Didn't Say! Haha

Thanks everyone! I laid back on those sweet loungers this morning and cranked a playlist I had made of some of my favourite songs while on the boat. It almost made me want to call the buyer and tell him to turn around!! Then I realized it's kind of silly to keep a boat just to listen to a stereo!! Haha

I can only imagine how tough it was going through with the sale, but can completely understand. Perhaps someday you will be out on the water again with another boat?

In the meantime, I am glad you are sticking around these forums, and I have totally appreciated your insights, advice, and posts since joining these forums late last year.

I can only imagine how tough it was going through with the sale, but can completely understand. Perhaps someday you will be out on the water again with another boat?

In the meantime, I am glad you are sticking around these forums, and I have totally appreciated your insights, advice, and posts since joining these forums late last year.

Well thanks! You never know what the future may hold, and if it is another boat, it will be a Benny!

Another turn in the road of life! I'm sure you'll find another at some point, maybe better, maybe not but once it's in your blood you can't turn back. Your input here is always welcome, heck you've spent more time buying boats then some of us have spent on the water!

Another turn in the road of life! I'm sure you'll find another at some point, maybe better, maybe not but once it's in your blood you can't turn back. Your input here is always welcome, heck you've spent more time buying boats then some of us have spent on the water!

Haha, I've definitely spent more time researching my boats than I have on them!

Back