Perfect 80 degree day!

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Not sure how many sunny warm 80 degree days we have left here in NC but today was gorgeous!!! Water temp was 75 though! Brrr..... Put both biminis in their boots for the ride back. What a difference! PXL_20231013_164749490.jpgPXL_20231013_164807768.jpgPXL_20231013_194403171.jpg

A few of us went to the Waterside Restaurant (Buffalo Shoals bridge) yesterday, and ran aground with the water as low as it is, but it was a spectacular day to be on the the lake.

A few of us went to the Waterside Restaurant (Buffalo Shoals bridge) yesterday, and ran aground with the water as low as it is, but it was a spectacular day to be on the the lake.
Oh yeah the water is a good 4 to 5 feet low! That water by the bridge before the Waterside Grill is shallow on a regular day! We hung out at the Rope swing cove today.

Enjoy them while they last. We will all be dreaming about them in a month.

A week ago, it was 80 degrees in northern Michigan with a water temperature of 68
on Houghton Lake. Yesterday when I pulled the boat out it was about 45 with water temps of 48. A 20 degree drop in seven days seems pretty hard to believe, but that’s what my gauge showed.

A week ago, it was 80 degrees in northern Michigan with a water temperature of 68
on Houghton Lake. Yesterday when I pulled the boat out it was about 45 with water temps of 48. A 20 degree drop in seven days seems pretty hard to believe, but that’s what my gauge showed.
Wow! That's a pretty severe drop!

When it gets too cold to boat in NC at least there’s a San Diego option to consider…IMG_6582.jpeg

Hope the low water doesn't mess with the fishing, will be down there next week for a tournament. Pontooners beware, you'll have some lure rash on your boats after the weekend with 200 bass boats for 2-3 days!

Hope the low water doesn't mess with the fishing, will be down there next week for a tournament. Pontooners beware, you'll have some lure rash on your boats after the weekend with 200 bass boats for 2-3 days!
All kinds of stumps and other crap along the edges today we don't usually/normally see. You'll have to give me your schedule so we could meet one day......

Rub it in Daril, rub it in … ☹️
70’s during the week, weekend hits, 50’s and rain. Can’t even ride the Harley. :mad:

All kinds of stumps and other crap along the edges today we don't usually/normally see. You'll have to give me your schedule so we could meet one day......
Will be staying mid lake - boy there are lots of folks renting out their lower levels or fully-furnished dock houses!

Getting in late Weds, tourney Thursday - Sat. Schedule will be tough to pin down but I'll PM you if I get freed up. Should I bring some tools so we can pull that anode? :p

Potomacbassin', I seem to recall at one time in the past there was a rule that prevented tournament participants from fishing in the tournament lake for a few days preceding the actual tournament? I ask because some fishermen are wearing our cove out today and this past weekend.

Potomacbassin', I seem to recall at one time in the past there was a rule that prevented tournament participants from fishing in the tournament lake for a few days preceding the actual tournament? I ask because some fishermen are wearing our cove out today and this past weekend.

You are correct, there are certain trails that have off limits rules, typically 3-7 days prior to the actual tournament. However this is a BFL Regional (Bass Fishing League, owned by Stan Kroenke) and the only restrictions are that we can't fish with non-competitors or get insider info about the lake. But as far as practice goes we can go all the way up until 6pm the day before, so you'll see the same thing tomorrow.

Unfortunately for me I'm likely the only guy NOT pre-fishing so my chances are pretty slim on making the check range. I'll be cursing the entire 6-hour ride home! :cool:

You are correct, there are certain trails that have off limits rules, typically 3-7 days prior to the actual tournament. However this is a BFL Regional (Bass Fishing League, owned by Stan Kroenke) and the only restrictions are that we can't fish with non-competitors or get insider info about the lake. But as far as practice goes we can go all the way up until 6pm the day before, so you'll see the same thing tomorrow.

Unfortunately for me I'm likely the only guy NOT pre-fishing so my chances are pretty slim on making the check range. I'll be cursing the entire 6-hour ride home! :cool:
If you want me to bait under my dock, let me know. . Just kidding!

Will be staying mid lake - boy there are lots of folks renting out their lower levels or fully-furnished dock houses!

Getting in late Weds, tourney Thursday - Sat. Schedule will be tough to pin down but I'll PM you if I get freed up. Should I bring some tools so we can pull that anode? :p
Haha nope I'll remove it in the off season! I understand about the schedule. Let me know if you get free.

Haha nope I'll remove it in the off season! I understand about the schedule. Let me know if you get free.
Got in late. You guys weren't kidding about the lake levels, lots of shoreline exposed and extremely shallow around the docks where I'm staying. The owner's pontoon in the slip has their OB trimmed down and the skeg is buried in the silt.

Pretty view though. If you look at the island on the left, with the current lack of water a land bridge to the island is now accessible.

IMG_2437.jpeg

Got in late. You guys weren't kidding about the lake levels, lots of shoreline exposed and extremely shallow around the docks where I'm staying. The owner's pontoon in the slip has their OB trimmed down and the skeg is buried in the silt.

Pretty view though. If you look at the island on the left, with the current lack of water a land bridge to the island is now accessible.

View attachment 34979
Where are you staying? Street name?

Back