PERFORMANCE WITH A YAMAHA F350

russ w

Reaction score
TAKING DELIVERY OF MY NEW 2874 QCW WITH A YAMAHA F350 ON APRIL 10TH

JUST LOOKING TO SEE IF ANYBODY ON HERE HAS THIS SAME COMBO AND THERE THOUGHT'S  ON HOW THEY LIKE IT?

Wow...you yelled us about an awesome boat! Huge congrats. I don't have anything close to your boat but wanted to say hello and welcome

thanks!!  I just joined the forum this morning. this is my second 3rd pontoon that I have owed both others were premier's one with a etec 225ho other a etec 250ho both ss models didn't like either one both to slow. not sure on how much I will like this one but I just sold my formula 330ss and going back to a wakeboard boat and pontoon for relaxing on and they seem to be very well built. I had to custom order this one because we wanted rear facing loungers and a full bar that had to be moved to midship along with the sport tower option. I looked at my other pontoons before hand almost went with a harris 250crown with twin 300verados. hoping for a great summer to enjoy!! after spending some time on these forums people seem to be very nice and helpful on here looking forward meeting new people to share ideas.

Wow, what an awesome sounding (and huge) boat -- congrats!

Sounds cool! Welcome.

Happy boating.

Welcome to the club, Boat sounds pretty sweet.

Crosslake is one of my favorite places to boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
YOU HAVE A VERY NICE PONTOON !!! SAME COLOR AS I ORDERED HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?  THATS WHAT MY DEALER IS TELLING ME THEY ORDERED ANOTHER 28 WITH A F350 AND IT RUNS A SOLID  MID 50'S  LIKE NOTHING WITH INCREDIBLE PERFORMACE FROM TAKE OFF TO TOP END.

Welcome and enjoy the new boat.  I run about 42mph with my QCW 2575 with a Yamaha F-250 so 50's seems possible with yours.

Jack

NICE PONTOON!!! MY FRIEND HAS ONE JUST LIKE THAT  A 2013 WITH A YAMAHA VMAX 250HO AND HE RUNS 48 SO IT WILL BE COOL TO TRY IT OUT. RUSS

Your boat is very long though. That will eat some top speed due to the weight. Can't wait to hear your results!! That is one bad mother!!

We can just touch 40 with the 300 Verado on our 28q. I will be interested to hear how yours runs with the 350. That Yamaha is a bit heavier, I am thinking you will see 45-47.

We have nothing but good things to say about ours. We would buy it again.

what prop do you have on your boat?  my friend has a 300 verado on his 28q and his boat does 46 to 48 even with 4 to 6 people on board by gps.

If this were a betting pool where we all threw in $10 & the closest guess wins, I would pick 48 mph

Welcome and enjoy the new boat.  I run about 42mph with my QCW 2575 with a Yamaha F-250 so 50's seems possible with yours.

Jack
Like Jack, my 2014 GCWB 2574 EPS w/ Yamaha F250 is about 42-43mph via GPS.  I might have had a little more gas than wanted to do a true top-end speed test, plus had all gear on board.  I bet close to 50 is possible.  I was passed by a R series 25' with a 300hp on it last year, but he was barely passing me.  Made me want that 350 real quick!!  :)  

Back