Pictures - 2017 23' Swingback

Looks very nice, congrats.

That's one SWEET ride. I love the Swingback ... Panthergirl ... not so much. She won our battle. Lol!! 

My PADS just went into hi gear, what a great looking boat!! Congratulations! 

Damn! That's the boat my wife fell in love with at our dealer! I like that Bimini instead of the arch we saw before.

Congratulations!

One more thing........Are you able to sit facing the rear while underway?!? Isn't there supposed to be some kind of stainless steel railing between the Swingback seat and rear of the boat?!?

Awesome boat.  Love your build.  Congrats and enjoy.  

One more thing........Are you able to sit facing the rear while underway?!? Isn't there supposed to be some kind of stainless steel railing between the Swingback seat and rear of the boat?!?

Yes, if you want too.  The back will face either way.  We didn't want the railing - you can add it on but we didn't like it and it's not standard. 

Beautiful boat! Congrats again! Where do you boat in SC?!?

Absolutely Gorgeous, probably would be my choice as well

Beautiful!

I like the concept of the swing back feature. How does it look in the upright forward position? Comfortable?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh NO!!, Part of my 12 step process, Don't look at anything new, Stay out of Boat,Car, Gun, Classic Car Dealerships.

Look away Joe , Look away!!

Yes, if you want too.  The back will face either way.  We didn't want the railing - you can add it on but we didn't like it and it's not standard. 

For those considering a swingback, I don't think it would be safe, not to mention that I don't know of any state that would be legal to use that seat while under power in the rear-facing position (without the optional railing anyway). Then again, I'm not aware of every state's laws so if would be legal without the railing in your state, maybe worth a post here for others.

I don't mean to stir anything up as I love the look but I'd hate for folks to buy one and then find out there are limitations they weren't aware of. We have an open stern RCW and while completely legal, we're very cautious as to who sits in those rear facing seats (no unattended children) as the railing is somewhat open. I still would consider a swingback though, even if we couldn't use it under power as I really like the arrangement.

That being said - absolutely beautiful boat Tippernsc. Very nice!

I would suspect (depending on your state, of course) that you could open yourself up for a warning for allowing passengers to ride back there while underway.  I've heard of that happening before while people were outside the playpen while the boat was moving.  I know we certainly wouldn't want children back there while I was moving, no matter how slow I was going, which means keeping an eye on little ones even more.  

That being said, I really like the look and size of the Swingback, and if we felt compelled to have one, I'd definitely get the stainless rail system around it.  Expensive or not, I'd feel a lot better having that railing back there while underway.

On the other hand, we love our rear lounge on the SSLX, but I don't think it is available on very many models, which I think is a shame.  It's very comfortable for two adults, and we feel safe if a child is back there...as long as an adult is sitting right there next to them!  But then, we rarely have children on board, so it's a great place to watch the light play off the wake from the engine or to get sun and just relax.  It surprises me that Bennington doesn't offer an upscaled version of this lounge on the G series.  I think it's a great idea for retirees 

We've said if we ever upgraded, it would be to either a 23 GSB with the Swingback, or the 23 GCW with the dual loungers.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the option called the Stainless Steel Railkeeper (Swingback) for $747 is the rail system surrounding the Swingback?  

412811093.jpg

A swingback with the surrounding rail system.  It doesn't look like much protection for little ones, though.

412811128.jpg

One of the reasons we went with an S the second time around was to keep the SSLX layout. It is the favorite seat on the boat and everyone who comes on board loves it. Up until the swingback there was nothing with a double rear lounger in the Bennington lineup.

Usually it's just the two of us in the boat.  When moving, we'd have the seat-back in the position for people to sit on the front of the big lounger.  We do have grandkids, but wouldn't allow them to ride back there even if we did have the rails.  We just didn't like the rails being right on the side of the lounger so we didn't opt for that extra expense.  We found plenty of other options to spend that money one.  Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

Back