Pictures of your build

R

Retired Team Member1

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the excitement and enthusiasm surrounding new boat production!  Due to high volume and tight staffing, we are truly not able to meet further requests for photos of boats cruising down the assembly line.  It is particularly challenging "in-season", beginning now.  Thanks for your understanding.  TB

Do it like Disney with their automatic photo machine at the end of the rides and charge fifteen bucks!

My suggestion. Put up a web cam that can be viewed at specific times during the day.

Just a suggestion.
That is a great Idea .

My suggestion. Put up a web cam that can be viewed at specific times during the day.

Just a suggestion.
That's an awesome suggestion! 

Just a suggestion.
This is a great idea, and very easy to accomplish. You could even have your it tech guy set it up so that frames are held for a particular amount of time so that we all would have the chance to grab a few select shots of our boats moving off your line.

Here is another thought expanding on Jared's Idea .

How about a Bennington app ,for your smart phone ,that has a built in webcam feature . Charge us a few bucks for the app .

I think the webcam idea would be a privacy issue and sure would help the other manufacturers get ideas.    :ph34r:

I think a photo sheet of your build should be an option when ordering. Then no privacy concerns etc. GM does this with the corvette, you can pay extra and watch it come down the line, pick it up at the factory. It would be cool to have a camera affixed to the rack as it goes down the line though. A time lapse of a boat being built would be really neat.

Another application for the GoPro.

And Bennington would have control over who saw it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or they could set up a trail cam overlooking each bay, it can be set to take a picture automatically every 2,3,4 hours,whatever works, and they could just pop in a memory card and send it in the owners manual with the boat. It would be simple enough, make it an option, $50 for it or so, I would have paid it for sure!! My cousin's MB Sports boat has it automatically done when they custom order.

I was informed a few weeks back that my 24 SCWX was being built yesterday.  How long does it take to build the boat from start to finish?  Thank you.

It is possible that it could be done ,I was given a date and it had already been built by then . After it was finished it was at the dealer in 4 days .

That depends on your proximity from the factory and how many more they need for a full load to your dealer .

Typically just a day as they have a refined supplier process where everything is ready to go on your build date. Sweet boat by the way. I think your the first on here with the scwx. Let's hear some more info on it.

Thanks, I guess I may be boating sooner than I think.  That is, if the ice is off the lake!  The boat is black with champagne accents, pillow top, teak accents, kicker speakers, Garmin, the hydraulic steering package and a tow bar.  I went with a Yamaha 115 motor.  My husband thinks that is more than I need although I thought I should go higher!

We had a 2013 22 sslx w a 115 and sold it after 3 months. Now have a 24 with 200hp. I'd suggest jumping up to a 150. Big difference in performance. Sweet boat by the way.

is it true if I order a boat now im not getting a 2015 but a 2014? but then again has there been any changes where it would really make a difference

is it true if I order a boat now im not getting a 2015 but a 2014? but then again has there been any changes where it would really make a difference
It depends on the model whether or not there are differences, but regardless...Bennington is building 2015s with all the 2015 changes now.  This is different than it was mid summer where they were just rebadging the 2014 as a 2015. 

thanks. I finally settled on the boat I want it is a G model with the center bar. Dealer had one ready for delivery to another customer and seeing it sold me over the 2250 GBR is was considering. Im all exited haven't had a brand new boat in 39 years. 1985 silverton. I still have her up north for the summer the benny will be my Florida boat.2574GCW midship bar

Back