playpen cover versus seat covers

Jdsdds

Reaction score
Deciding on type of boat cover. Play pen or seat covers. Playpen cover looks better and more protective, but maybe harder to put on.
How long does it take to put on each type of cover.
Would my wife take time to do and undo playpen cover?

Last edited:
I have had both and I love my new seat covers. With the new rail clips they are a breeze to put on and take off. My last boat had the full playpen cover with snaps and I found it a chore to do. I had it cut in half and a zipper installed which made it much easier. The new covers have clips so I guess they are easier to work with. What ever you decide just make sure you use it, leaving your boat uncovered is just asking for trouble.

I agree with Bob about using whatever you have. No matter how tired you are when you get in, try to muster up enough energy to put the cover on. You'll thank yourself in the coming days if it's left uncovered.

Full cover with clips. 5 minutes off, 5 minutes on. EVERY SINGLE day we go out. Our 6 year old boat we traded still looked brand new.

The boat gets covered every night.If rain is in the forecast or we're leaving for the week. The full cover goes on the boat,otherwise the seat covers are put on. I love having both options.

Full cover with clips takes me, with my bad shoulders, about 6 minutes to take off, 7 minutes to put on. Probably take longer if I couldn't walk around boat on dock minus stern. It is on a covered lift so I only cover it if bad weather is in forecast. I don't have a bird/garment issue.

Full cover, right attitude so it's not a chore. Take your time, dangle your feet in the water and have a sip of beer

Full .I want my floor protected too

My 14 year old furniture and rug looked like new, I used the full cover every time I used the boat. My new boat has the clips which are easier than my last cover.

Full cover of course! We have docked and tied up on a hot, hot day and came back after dinner and put the cover on when it was cooler. We have used our playpen cover religiously since we got the boat.

We have seen people out on the water w/the playpen cover unsnapped and rolled back halfway so they don't have to reinstall the whole cover when they go back in.......

IMG_6651.JPG Full cover! Our boat is even in the water with only two sides accessible. Takes less than 10 minutes off and to stow, and less than 15 minutes to put on. Boat is in a covered slip, and still would not think of leaving it uncovered.

Attachments

• IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 50
I ordered both and use the seat covers when down at the shore house and the full mooring cover when away.

Full cover here as well even though it is stored on a covered lift. I just put it away for the season this weekend and could not believe how clean it is. Even with having a toddler.

Full cover every day unless weather is good and I will be using next day. I am in covered slip so a night or two uncovered does no harm. Like others have said, covering is one of those thing I have learned to enjoy and take pride in because I know I am protecting my boat.

I have had both and I love my new seat covers. With the new rail clips they are a breeze to put on and take off. My last boat had the full playpen cover with snaps and I found it a chore to do. I had it cut in half and a zipper installed which made it much easier. The new covers have clips so I guess they are easier to work with. What ever you decide just make sure you use it, leaving your boat uncovered is just asking for trouble.
Thanks for the great pics. I ordered the boat with the full cover but in same colors as you have.

Back