Please don't pick on the new guy!

Kevin J

Reaction score
Hello all! New Bennington Owner here (first pontoon); in fact we don't take delivery until April 29th (hope the ice is out by then). Anyway, we are very excited to get out on the water - we bought an SFX21 new in the fall. Nothing too fancy but I know we will enjoy it.

I do have one question; our dock space is in a deeded harbor. I have a feeling I need the dock moved a bit. Right now it's fine for the bass boat but how much room is recommended between docks for a pontoon that is 8'6" wide? Fortunately we can move it if needed without messing up another space. And we can only have one boat there at a time, so the pontoon wins out. Appreciate the help.

Kevin J

Welcome ! If this helps. I started out with a 108" lift and I could manage getting a Tritoon on it. Then I purchased a 120" lift and of course much easier. I guess the moral to the story would be. The more you can move the dock the better!

Welcome to the forum Kevin J. Where do you boat and post pics when you can....?

Congrats!! Pics or it ain’t true! :D

2D830E5E-E478-40E6-8FE2-5F6A7C1B5B3D.png
Not sure if this answers your question but here are some dimensions I I got from Bennington. Welcome to the forum and the world of Bennington. You are going to have a great summer. If this is your first board please take a boater safety course Either online or locally. Post pictures when you can. Someone on this forum can answer most questions you may have.

Not sure the chart I posted above show what I intended. Sorry eyes not focusing well today and I cant make out what it says.

Thanks. We are on Leech Lake in Minnesota. The ice in our bay just went out on Monday. No pics yet; they're delivering the boat next Wednesday. Will take some then and share. Cheers!
I have great memories of Leech Lake, back in the mid 70’s. I lived in St. Cloud, Mn at the time and I had a friend with a 5th Wheel Camper. He pulled it and I took my Flying Scot (Sailboat) camping at Leech Lake several times. i remember it being very pretty Lake. At this time in my life I was a 100% sailor and would talk poorly of the power boaters. Well a lot of water under that bridge and now I am one.

Will post pics once the boat is delivered next week. Hey is "Comfortably Numb" the name of your boat? I'm a huge David Gilmour/Floyd fan!

Yup!!

Last edited:
Back