polishing tubes/adding umbrella

lakebum

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new and just posted pics of my polish job and umbrella to shade the recliners.Also my solution to add two batteries since the designer of my '05 2550 RL obviously didn't think they needed them.Have more pics of modifications I will post later. Thanks, Steve

Saw your pics, let me know when you'll be coming by to polish my toons for me. B)

Serious now, they look great. What did you use? Acid wash first?

Nice pics. I'm also curious how you polished the toons.

That is INSANE. :eek:

Now how are you going to put those beautiful logs in the water?

Time to Sharkhide maybe?

That is INSANE. :eek:

Now how are you going to put those beautiful logs in the water?

Time to Sharkhide maybe?
Thanks for the kind words. I Googled "polishing aluminum" and came up with an antique airplane museum. They linked me to "top of the line".com It's expensive,relatively speaking, $140 for the 4 part kit but I have enough left to do at least two more boats. Goes a loooong way. Used a harbor freight buffer with quality pads. A buffing pad, a polishing pad, and a waxing type foam pad.You must buy a good velcro type backing pad for it.

The umbrella pics are in the water. Having a water spotting problem. Sharkhyde would fix this but might diminish the shine a little. Will try to resolve this after the season. Also it is on a lift in a covered dock. Be glad to answer more specific questions. Steve

So my boat will be one of the 2office boats you have enuff left for? Looks great. Can't wait to bring mine to your house!

Thanks for the tip

Todd

Lakebum,

The toons look awesome. Can you give us an idea how long it took you to polish them?

Lakebum,

The toons look awesome. Can you give us an idea how long it took you to polish them?
I probably have two weekends in them. Lots of work but when many people think my '05 is brand new, it's worth it. They will definitely need Sharkhide or something else. It's a learning process but I will get there and keep everyone interested posted. When I pull it home this winter I think I can re-shine it in a day.

Lakebum,

Can you give us an update on the polished toons. How did the shine hold up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gunner, I would have to give the longevity of the polish job an 80%, maybe more. Still looks good even with water spots. I'm sure there is something that will keep the water spots off. Might try sharkhide this off season.

Back