Pontoon Lift requirements

lefty

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just ordered a 2013 2550 RSR with 250HP Yamaha and ESP package.

I currently have a Hydro Hoist Hydraulic lift that is rated at 6000 lbs.

The boat - 3298 lbs; motor - 600 lbs and gas - 300 lbs totals 4200 lbs.

My lift has two bunks that are 12 feet long and I will also be adding a center lift to support the third tube.

This lift supported my old boat which was a 27 foot catamaran fiberglass hull.

The Bennington tubes are 21 feet long in the support area, thus, the front 9 feet will not be supported.

Anyone have a similar support arrangemant that has a similar overhang?

Any thoughts on this much overhang?

Thanks for feedback

I would try to add bunks to the point that the nose cones start. They are probably 4 feet long so an addition of 5 feet would be needed, unless you have already considered that. Steve

lefty, look at my dock pic in the gallery. From where I'm taking the pic is 6 or 7 feet to the dock and that's where the boat sits. The front of the tubes touch the dock. Click the little square under my avatar for my pics,

6' would probably be okay, but 9' is too long to go unsupported. Can you not move the boat back a 3-4 feet on the lift?

You'll probably need to just try the lift out--experimenting--since the rear end is heavily weighted with the motor. It'll probably work out.

I would try to add bunks to the point that the nose cones start. They are probably 4 feet long so an addition of 5 feet would be needed, unless you have already considered that. Steve
Thanks for the comment. I will look if this is an option.

I am having the dealor that sold me the lift come out and make recommendations for a modification.

lefty, look at my dock pic in the gallery. From where I'm taking the pic is 6 or 7 feet to the dock and that's where the boat sits. The front of the tubes touch the dock. Click the little square under my avatar for my pics,
cwag911,

Thanks for the reply. I am having the lift daelor out to make modifications.

Back