pontoon loader (makes loading easy)

Bulldog, thanks for posting photo, I think all pontoon trailer should come with horizontal rail guides. I understand I only have two vertical guides and they are mounted on the second trailer support from the rear of the trailer but I'm not sure if having two front guides would have help me this past weekend with the strong winds. Every time I got on the bunks, the rear of the boat would drift to the right and the bow would instantly go left and off the bunks.

Anybody know where I can find horizontal rail guides? I have a Trailmaster trailer manufactured out of Indiana but they only sell vertical.
Floves - did you ever put on Horizontal Guides and if Yes, did they make trailering that much easier in strong winds. It seems intuitive that these would be a huge benefit? Any advice is appreciated.

Derrick, do you currently still use the horizontal guides for your Tri-Toon? Thank you - Larry
Derrick sold his boat couple years ago. We are all waiting to see him post up a new purchase ... ;)

Derrick, do you currently still use the horizontal guides for your Tri-Toon? Thank you - Larry
As Semper so nicely stated, yes, I sold my boat, (stupid stupid me) I definitely would recommend the full horizontal. Depending on how bad the wind or waves are while you are loading it can keep you straight. Also, can't see any downfall to having full length, so if it's an option, I would

As Semper so nicely stated, yes, I sold my boat, (stupid stupid me) I definitely would recommend the full horizontal. Depending on how bad the wind or waves are while you are loading it can keep you straight. Also, can't see any downfall to having full length, so if it's an option, I would
Right, seems intuitive, but so many opinions otherwise. We need a side by side user comparison, but I am concluding the horizontal, probably angled slightly (taller in back) and contemplating how to make that slant quick adjustable. Thank you for info!!!!

The launch I use most of the time is fairly steep and exposed to wind and current. I installed the Pontoon Loader on my LoadRite trailer last spring. All summer, I backed the trailer down the ramp and my wife drove pontoon on. Never had to back off and retry. I agree, $649 kind of pricy, but our stress level is now about zero for launching and recovery. Not sure how to put a price on that! I liked that this was a package deal with everything included and is very sturdy when installed.

Back