Porpoising

Well, after I talked to the Dealer, Here is what I found.
Somewhere in my model yearish. Bennington went with a raised transom to keep the powerhead elevated out of the water, thus creating the need for the XL motor. Basically, higher transom& longer shaft kept motor in original positional position, with clearance benefits, allowing for 250 over 200..
Thank you Winnisquam Marine(Ryan & team)in Belmont NH for answering my questions. Awesome team there and very understanding of my targeted questions!! (I may or may not have been too abrupt in communications and need to apologize publicly to make up for it)

Final deduction..
48 MPH is really good for my boat, the porpoising is probably always going to happen if I trim it above 2, it just is what it is with the set up. They also confirmed that the trim on the 250 xl is very touchy and its a very tight dance when using the trim at speed(a little goes a long way.)
So basically I have a cool boat that runs at its max output and I now understand that. I can now enjoy the boat, instead of chasing 2 mph to get to that magic 50mph..

Back