Post up your other toys or hobbies ..... AGAIN

Well, it was time to let the Jeep JKU go. 8 years and no warranty. Couldn’t resist another Hyundai … got a Santa Cruz.

IMG_6389.jpegIMG_6388.jpegIMG_6395.jpegIMG_6399.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_6410.jpegIMG_6409.jpegIMG_6408.jpeg

Snowmobiling is my other passion. This year was a short snowmobile season with a very early ice out. Last week a freak snowfall created opportunity to snowmobile one more time (see photo). Very unusual to snowmobile next to open water on a inland lake. Next week I will get out the boat. Very unusual.
I am a snowmobile nut. Just got a new machine this year. It was modified as soon as I got it home because that is what I do. The modifications improve ergonomics and comfort. It all started fifteen years ago when I prepared a machine for some sort of straight line distance record. Now after three machines and 65,000 miles I continued making the same modifications. They make a 300 mile day feel like a 200 mile day.
This year was a short snowmobile season with a very early ice out. Last week a freak snowfall created opportunity to snowmobile one more time. It was very unusual to snowmobile next to open water on an inland lake. Next week I will get out the boat. 2500 miles for the year

We head up north this weekend to wash our sleds and then get them summarized and tucked away in my trailer until next winter. 2023 and 2024 were a bust for sledding. Hoping things turn around more next winter. If not, I at least finally broke down and got my own inclosed trailer so I can chase snow in the UP (Michigan) as time, energy and schedules permit. Ready to fast froward to summer so we can take in some sunshine while on the Bennington.

We head up north this weekend to wash our sleds and then get them summarized and tucked away in my trailer until next winter. 2023 and 2024 were a bust for sledding. Hoping things turn around more next winter. If not, I at least finally broke down and got my own inclosed trailer so I can chase snow in the UP (Michigan) as time, energy and schedules permit. Ready to fast froward to summer so we can take in some sunshine while on the Bennington.
Might get your last shot if Mother nature hits just south of the Keweenaw Peninsula with up to 24" of snow between today and Thursday

Might get your last shot if Mother nature hits just south of the Keweenaw Peninsula with up to 24" of snow between today and Thursday
Saw that, and wish I could road trip up for it. Alas, due to family needs downstate centered on my mom, we don’t have flexibility for something like that right now. Just trying to squeeze in some post-winter chores up to the cottage as best we can right now.

That said, that storm will be a fun final blast of “winter” in parts of the UP. Wish we could drop in on it.

Gett’n muddy in the Mitten today.

Hit up Hartwick Pines State park for some light hiking and then some trail riding in the Cherokee. Having some fun, albeit tame, on the dirt roads and 2 tracks in the woods north of our cottage. Although the trails were pretty tame, it was plenty for my wife!

Splashing around

Was going to add some pictures, but the server is having issues with file sizes. Not sure what’s up there atm.

Hit up Hartwick Pines State park for some light hiking and then some trail riding in the Cherokee. Having some fun, albeit tame, on the dirt roads and 2 tracks in the woods north of our cottage. Although the trails were pretty tame, it was plenty for my wife!

Splashing around

Was going to add some pictures, but the server is having issues with file sizes. Not sure what’s up there atm.
Love the Trailhawk. Had a 2014 version. Was a darn good vehicle. Peppy and pretty trailworthy for sure. Enjoy. Great video!
Thanks for sharing

Splashing around

I was cringing thinking where all the mud is hiding in the nooks and crannies for the next year. :eek:

I was cringing thinking where all the mud is hiding in the nooks and crannies for the next year. :eek:
Try going to the sand dunes at Silver Lake in North west Michigan. You'll be blowing sand out of your vents for weeks!!!

Attachments

• 87_3.jpg
    87_3.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 7
  • zr2.jpg
    zr2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 5
Back