Power Cladded Arch

Dahbull

Reaction score
Hello, in April 2018 we ordered a QSRFB with a cladded arch. We wanted the arch to be powered but that was not an option at the time of order. We are to receive the boat this week and we’re told that the boat was built as a 2019 model year. That’s great if true.

My question is this, I was looking at building another boat this evening on their web site and saw that the cladded arch is now powered and that is the only cladded arch option. There is no unpowered version. We have not been told, by my dealer, what arch our boat was built with (powered or unpowered). Being that we have the 2019 build year (so they say) and our production date was around June 20th 2018, what are the chances the power arch was installed vs. the unpowered arch. Before I pick up the boat I hope to know when Bennington changed this and if they included it on all 2019 builds or all boats built after a certain date.

Thanks in advance
Dave

It really is a crap shoot. My boat was received in June 2013, documented as a 2014, but in 2014 they no longer made a 2275 RCW with the Sport Tower, only a 2375( or was it 2575?) Anyway, technically my boat was a unicorn because it didn't exist, so, it's a crap shoot

Being your boat is already being delivered, I would highly doubt it has it, but the only way you’ll know is when it shows up. For any of us to “know” whether it does or does not, is not possible. Your dealer could make a quick call and get you an answer.

Some on this forum have contacts at the mfg. was hoping to get a little more detail.

Your dealer will more information than anyone here

I would call your dealer and just share exactly what you did in your original post above and ask him to call Bennington this afternoon to check in on what your boat has. It really will be a pretty simply thing for them to check on it. It also recommunicates to your dealer your detail oriented - which in my mind is never a bad thing with the expense of these boats.

Sorry I don’t have more to offer, but good luck on finding an answer. My fingers are crossed that your “unicorn” comes with the updated arch!

If mine is built as a 2019 it’s already a unicorn because the color and accent color we chose are no longer an option.

What color combo did you go with?

I was on the build site yesterday and was surprised to see the power cladded arch on there.
That's a nice feature to be able to lower it so you can possibly squeeze into your garage for storage.

Good luck, hope the new boat has it!

If mine is built as a 2019 it’s already a unicorn because the color and accent color we chose are no longer an option.
Good point, I think mine is an special unicorn since pretty sure that they didn't offer Crimson Red anymore in 2014..... Or was it 2015......?

Good point, I think mine is an special unicorn since pretty sure that they didn't offer Crimson Red anymore in 2014..... Or was it 2015......?

Double rainbow!

Received the boat last thursday and the arch was not powered. I am disappointed in that fact but the dealer claims they have had issues with other boat manufacturers powered arches, which they sell. Probably sales pitch there to get me off their backs. Color options ordered were ocean blue with champagne accent color. That color combo is not available anymore.

My dealer also has told me about problems with the power arch

It looks like the only option for the cladded arch now is powered, but don't worry too much about not having it.
I spoke to a member from this forum last year who had an SOB before he bought his Benny. He had the powered arch and said it shook and rocked at high speeds and was very annoying.

I suspect the SOB arch is not as secure as the Bennington arch. If Bennington’s powered arch is built as mine is it will still not shake. All they needed to do was change the hardware supporting the raising and lowering of the arch. There are hydraulic arms inside each end of the arch to aid in the the raising and lowering of the arch. If those are changed to powered levers I suspect the only issue will be how long those powered levers will last.

Let’s hear from any owners that receive the power cladded arch and their opinions on it. Probably be a few months but should be interesting.

Very nice!

Nice boat!
We just ordered a boat a couple weeks ago, it will be a 2019. But we were told the way it works is, the first 19's are the same as 18's. After the dealer meetings (in August) where they roll out the 19 changes, they start building the 19's with any changes for that model year.
That being said they are changing the console on the G for 2019 and we were told we would have the new console.

Last edited:
Back