Privacy Curtain Install

Poppy21

Reaction score
The privacy curtain for my boat came in today and I installed it. It fit perfectly and looks like some good workmanship's put into the fabrication. I didn't realize that it would snap into place but every snap matched. After installation it looked great. So glad to have this on the boat now. My wife won't mind all day trips now. I'm liking my Bennington more and more each day. Next project will be to install my Lowrance Hook 5. The boat didn't have a depth finder or chart plotter. I will be doing a flush mount install. The only problem is that this depth finder better last because I don't know if any other unit will fit in it's place after I do the cut out. Any suggestions?

Ram mount it instead.

The privacy curtain for my boat came in today and I installed it. It fit perfectly and looks like some good workmanship's put into the fabrication. I didn't realize that it would snap into place but every snap matched. After installation it looked great. So glad to have this on the boat now. My wife won't mind all day trips now. I'm liking my Bennington more and more each day. Next project will be to install my Lowrance Hook 5. The boat didn't have a depth finder or chart plotter. I will be doing a flush mount install. The only problem is that this depth finder better last because I don't know if any other unit will fit in it's place after I do the cut out. Any suggestions?
Yes this privacy curtain/changing room is one of my wife's favorite features. Before living on the lake she would change into a dry bathing suit for the ride back to the ramp and then home. Wouldn't be without it.

That's funny...I just removed our privacy curtain because I thought we'd never use it, and it was taking up valuable space under the swingback lounger. It's great to have options for individual needs!

Does anyone have a video or instruction on installing changing room? Bought from dealer and nothing in box but frame and curtain.
Got frame installed, but no snaps on frame or in box and no how to put up curtain

Just buy a new boat when the time comes, problem solved.

You can possibly go bigger on the upgrade to solve the problem, or if irregularly shaped some guys buy Starboard or acrylic panels cut to size and adhered to the old panel so you have a new surface to work with. Search on THT and you’ll find a lot of information and pictures.

Does anyone have a video or instruction on installing changing room? Bought from dealer and nothing in box but frame and curtain.
Got frame installed, but no snaps on frame or in box and no how to put up curtain
What model do you have ?
We purchased a swingback without the changing room curtain as well but ordered it from the dealer and installed it myself. Sounds to me like they forgot to send you all the parts. You should have gotten screws, snaps, aluminum frame and curtain with female snaps attached

What model do you have ?
We purchased a swingback without the changing room curtain as well but ordered it from the dealer and installed it myself. Sounds to me like they forgot to send you all the parts. You should have gotten screws, snaps, aluminum frame and curtain with female snaps attached
Well the dealer sent me some male snaps and I figured it out without too much trouble. Dealer had also given me the curtain and frame with the pistons . So all is good! - porta potty works great and stores in 2 pieces- wife loves it!

Attachments

• EB10399C-C773-4E5C-B78D-02D1218898A9.jpeg
    EB10399C-C773-4E5C-B78D-02D1218898A9.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 225
  • 458CFA02-2E62-4D38-BE9B-4BAF6DCBE2B5.jpeg
    458CFA02-2E62-4D38-BE9B-4BAF6DCBE2B5.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 07DA93F5-A0EC-4981-8883-F201379FBCAB.jpeg
    07DA93F5-A0EC-4981-8883-F201379FBCAB.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 208
  • E8070AAB-6B98-40BB-8747-20CB97A5AB7A.jpeg
    E8070AAB-6B98-40BB-8747-20CB97A5AB7A.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 212
The privacy curtain was a must for our Benny. We also added the porta-potty. It’s especially useful when you have a group.

Maybe out group is a little too comfortable... You either pee off the back, or if other boats are around, you climb halfway down the ladder until your butt is in the water and pee. Then you dunk your butt in the water a few times like a tea bag before you get back on the boat. Sorry for being mildly graphic, but everyone does that.

For your #2s, or ladies not wanting to get wet, we go to the bar on the lake. No body ever minds stopping there. Problem is we usually stay there too long...

We're looking to move south when I retire, but we plan to stay north of the allegator line, wherever that is.

Maybe out group is a little too comfortable... You either pee off the back, or if other boats are around, you climb halfway down the ladder until your butt is in the water and pee. Then you dunk your butt in the water a few times like a tea bag before you get back on the boat. Sorry for being mildly graphic, but everyone does that.

For your #2s, or ladies not wanting to get wet, we go to the bar on the lake. No body ever minds stopping there. Problem is we usually stay there too long...
Hahaha! We have done everything in your first paragraph! As far as #2....... I'll take whoever has to go...... home!

I want to add a porta potty in mine. Can I move the battery and the big fuel filter to a different location? Like under a seat? Or does the battery have to breath?

We were easily able to add the Porta potty without moving the battery. However I do not have the large filter you spoke of in the privacy curtain area.

Cliffhanger77 - do you have any pictures or instructions as to how this all went together?

We purchased a 2016 Bennington 24ft SSLX at the end of last year and are looking for the privacy room that fits under the rear lounger. Can anyone tell me what they paid for theirs? I got some calls into a couple of Bennington dealers but nobody has responded with price and availability. Any places to buy online?

I contacted a local bennington dealer and he told me about 300 dollars plus two or three weeks time. He had to contact Bennington and called me back. I just bought a 2003 2575 RFS and the curtain is gone. Does anyone have one for sale?

Took 3 calls to our local dealer but was finally able to place order. $375 plus $50 shipping to marina. Didn’t come with instructions though. Anyone have a set they could post?

Back