Production delays II

That's not bad in these times.
Yeah. I hope things are picking up for everyone. Took my suv in for service this week and the car dealer just had a handful of new cars on the lot. Usually the lot probably has 75 to 100 cars on the lot.

Ordered our 2021 23LSB back in January. Dealer says boat is out of production but there aren't enough drivers to ship it to us (WA State). Is there more I should understand? I read upthread about foam deliveries, etc. but if the boat is ready can I hire a driver to bring it to us? I also don't have a shrink-wrapped picture and the dealer has not been super transparent about things (first it was on its way, then two weeks later it was still at the factory :-().
If you ordered a trailer you might check on it.

Just heard from my dealer. Boat is due in tomorrow. Motor should be in this weekend. Boat was order in February.

Hi All. I ordered a 23 LSB on 2/12. Dealer said 6/5 build date with 1st week of July delivery. I also have it ordered with a 175 vmax. Little nervous that it will be end of July.
Latest update is now end of June build date with still an early July delivery.

What are the chances I'm being given the runaround here? Dealer has basically ghosted me, no replies for two days when I asked for details, no answer on whether our 23LSB is on the way or not. They haven't given us any clarity or answers, just thanked me for my patience several times ... nothing like the details in enevs' posting. If it matters we put a Verado250 on it, which the dealer says is installed by Bennington.

I posted to Bennington on Twitter but they haven't responded either.

Bennington does not install the motor. They rig it for the type. The motor is delivered to and installed by the dealer.
Also, might try to pick up the phone or go to the dealer. I get a hundred plus emails a day in my business. Sometimes one slips through or I don’t answer it as I’m awaiting an update (but typically will reply with at least that). In today’s day and age we have now come to expect instant response and forget we are not the only customer, and yes I’ve had people tell me that. Personally if possible, I’d stop in. Usually you get the real deal face to face.

Last edited:
I am hearing a lot about dealers being overwhelmed: dealing with small oddities post delivery that are not normally issues in past years, plus the huge influx of new order arrivals; some while understaffed. Not to let them off the hook because it sounds like you haven’t had clear communication.

They may have a lot going on. I’d stop by to talk to them in person. Even during normal times, that tends to get better results, and begins building a relationship with them if they will be servicing the boat in the future.

As far as the motor, Semperfi is so right. I’m concerned they would have told you Bennington stalls it. Are you sure you didn’t mis-hear them and they said Bennington ”rigs” it? Motor is ordered separately, along with prop, and then both are installed by dealer. Neither Bennington, nor any other boat manufacturer to my knowledge, does the motors and props. That’s all dealer.

I went to my dealer yesterday , not 1 boat in stock of any kind . He also told me that besides the motor shortage ,there is now a prop shortage .

Prop shortages are true. I had to drive 3/4 of the way across the state of Michigan to find a SWS II anywhere in stock. While calling around most places told me I would have to order one and they will not be available to order until the end of this month.

According to my dealership, there are a lot of parts shortages across the board for both boats and motors - significantly worse than normal. Thus, I keep getting a decidedly pessimistic vibe on my boat getting repaired at all for use this summer, which in Michigan the boating season is already incredibly short. I feel for anyone trying to either get their new boat set, or current owners that run into problems and need to make any sort of repairs.

What are the chances I'm being given the runaround here? Dealer has basically ghosted me, no replies for two days when I asked for details, no answer on whether our 23LSB is on the way or not. They haven't given us any clarity or answers, just thanked me for my patience several times ... nothing like the details in enevs' posting. If it matters we put a Verado250 on it, which the dealer says is installed by Bennington.

I posted to Bennington on Twitter but they haven't responded either.
My dealer has been fantastic. He said to call him every couple weeks for an update. He gives a new build date if/when it changes. Context: It is the dealer on my lake and I have done all my service work with them the past 8 years.

Good news is my boat was in late last week.
Bad news is the Yamaha 200F motor has no showed up yet.
My dealer is great, he called to let me know that Yamahas order system is usually good, but basically now it is out to lunch and he can't get any tracking or est. delivery info.

Just to give you an idea of shipping, a local company that deals with me had a quarter million dollar order of concrete mesh ordered. He asked the guy when is it getting delivered. He told him to watch out the window, when the truck pulls in you’ll know. Needless to say he wasn’t pleased and didn’t think it was funny (He’s very businesslike).
We get containers of nails from overseas. Our container freight went from $2500 to $8000 MINIMUM. The supply chain is unreal right now.
Due to turnaround times, ships are leaving with 40% of typical load of containers so US ports are full of empties and theres a shortage now overseas. It’s a bad bad situation.

At least we aren’t waiting on vehicles. There’s tens of thousands built and stored at many locations awaiting computer chips. I’ve read multiple articles concerning this.
Here’s a good article just on the THOUSANDS of Ford Super Duty’s sitting idle in Kentucky.

At least we aren’t waiting on vehicles. There’s tens of thousands built and stored at many locations awaiting computer chips. I’ve read multiple articles concerning this.
Here’s a good article just on the THOUSANDS of Ford Super Duty’s sitting idle in Kentucky.

Can't find anything around here. They just told on the news yesterday that used trucks are going for 50% over what they were a year ago this time. And new ones are like 25% up. Just incredible.

I ordered my 23LSAPG on January 20 and it was delivered to my dealer in New Jersey this past Wednesday. A few weeks ago they told me it should be here by the end of May and it got there on June 2 so pretty good. Now just waiting on a Yamaha 150 but no date yet.

A friend told me his contractor buddy sold his $65,000 2 year old truck back to dealer for $65,000 and dealer put it on lot for $80k. Sold it in less than a week (unknown price)

:rolleyes:

I think the market is to the point where we can start selling ocean front property in Arizona.

Good news is my boat was in late last week.
Bad news is the Yamaha 200F motor has no showed up yet.
My dealer is great, he called to let me know that Yamahas order system is usually good, but basically now it is out to lunch and he can't get any tracking or est. delivery info.
My dealer called that my motor shipped yesterday, so I am picking up my 23LFB next Thursday !!!!

Back