Prop test data

i would try a 4 blade solas, they are good performers and wont break the bank, you will lose 2-3 on top, but it shouldreduce your slip % greatly.

That was a recommendation from PropGods last year I got as well...

Anyone know if Mercury or Yamaha 4 blades are any better than Solas? a couple hundred additional if i'm gonna do it probably is fine... having 5-10 $600 props would be a problem... until i move into a van down by the river... ;)

ugh, i'm back here again after last season making peace with my prop. I'm running a 24 LSB with the SPS+ toons, and a vmax 250. running a 15.75x15 right now that seems good for normal use. it cavitates a bit when turning hard at speed, especially when tubing, unless i trim down quite a bit. Motor is mounted as low as it goes. i hit 45 with clean toons, 2 of us and half tank of fuel...

but yesterday, i was tubing with a lighter tube load than usual, but heavier passenger load, and everyone in the back... man it was a real drag, literally and figuratively. some of my numbers had my slip between 20-40%... It might be a more regular load out for me. should I be repropping? WOT was like 5350, and 36mph...

Last year i was toying with a 4 blade, i'm guessing that would help... i wish i could get a box of props to mess with, lol. Not that my passengers would be too excited doing data collection all day while i swap props... ;)

Anyone know anything about Michigan Wheel Props?

I know there are a few places that do "demo" or prop exchanges. Prop MD is one that doesn't charge a re-stocking fee if you need to exchange for a different pitch.

There are others if you google prop exchange program

riased the motor one hole and tried tried it yesterday, no real takeaways except i can run with less trim now, was too windy and rough to try high speed runs. i have a 17p enertia comming this week, wondering if someone can point me in the right direction for the correct hub kit i need to use on my 250 vmax ?

Depends on the hub you want - Flo Torq, Rubex etc. For example the FT2 I originally sourced for my Q3 is:

I've since upgraded to a FT4, but also had a Solas Rubex in my Q3. I would email any of the parts dealers with your specific need and they usually respond quickly what p/n you need.

Back