Purchasing 23RSB

Sooner24

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a 23RSB with the twin elliptical. Was wondering if there were certain things I should look for or be concerned about.

Thanks in advance

If you are referring to used ,are you able to take a water test ride ? What year ?

The warranty is transferable through a Bennington Dealer . There is no charge to transfer the Bennington warranty . If there is remaining warranty on the motor ,there may be a charge to transfer that .When its in the water look for listing . Check the function of the breakers ,switches and accessories . It depends on how the boat is kept if you can check for water in the toons . What motor and how many hours are on it ?

You may find more information in this thread .

Just understand that the boat will turn flat not carve a turn like a tri-toon will. If you are just cruising not a problem but for watersports probably not the right toons. I have both and they are great boats but handle very differently.

Just understand that the boat will turn flat not carve a turn like a tri-toon will. If you are just cruising not a problem but for watersports probably not the right toons. I have both and they are great boats but handle very differently.
Yeah not for sure yet how exactly I'm going to use the boat. I'm coming from owning a lot of boats but my last couple of boats have been wake boats. My main concern if there was anything with these boats to steer clear of. For example, in 2012 MasterCraft had a huge issue with the software for their screens that most people know about in the MasterCraft world and steer clear of any 2012 models.

Yeah not for sure yet how exactly I'm going to use the boat. I'm coming from owning a lot of boats but my last couple of boats have been wake boats. My main concern if there was anything with these boats to steer clear of. For example, in 2012 MasterCraft had a huge issue with the software for their screens that most people know about in the MasterCraft world and steer clear of any 2012 models.
Fortunately, nothing like that for what you are about to look at. A 2019 23’ RSB should be a VERY nice pontoon, with no predictable or known problems. I’d echo both the advice above from Jack, and the heads up Remediation provided.

I purchased a 2018 23RSB (90 hours on the motor) at the beginning of last season. Mine is a 2 toon , not a tritoon. We love the boat. The warranty was transferred for me at my local Bennington dealer. I have read that the warranty is only transferrable to a second owner. You may want to check into that. I have the Yamaha 115 SHO motor, which is fine, but, a 150 would have been really nice. I am on a 200 acre lake, so what I have is fine. The boat is gorgeous and I am sure you will love yours too.

Back