Q sport tower! 1 week away!

Newport RI

Reaction score
My Q set to be delivered in a week!

Eager to get her...... We paid a little extra and had the rear teak run up more. It stops mid chaise lounge area and we felt it looked better if it started where the rear lounge sears start and goes all the way back. We also added a small door there (same panel color) at the transition point from seagrass-snap in carpet to teak as a extra level of security for small kids and our small King Charles doggie.

Hoping we can come up with a paddle board mount as well. (Ideally on sport tower)

Lastly we didn't do graphics so hoping our color choices are ok. Believe the little color from the American flag option will add a tiny bit of color. (Smokey granite exterior and the light grey vinyl)

I would appreciate any engine break in suggestions from all.

I am starting to see more and more how boat expenses add up. Just bought black dock lines, four black 10' by 26' fenders, fiberglass 48' dock box from west marine etc. Uhg......

Thanks and have a good night.

Congrats, and pics !!!!!!

Best recommendation on engine break in, READ THE MANUAL WORD FOR WORD, OR DO WHAT THE DEALER TELLS YOU TO DO !!!!!

Awaiting pics anxiously, sounds like a beauty !!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm jealous! Congrats and don't burst while waiting

Congrats!! Could you do me a huge favor, when your snapping pics of your new boat, could you take a few extra of the stereo stuff for me? Mounting locations, wiring, anything and everything! It would be much appreciated! oh and as for the SUP mount, here is what I am planning on using, I actually posted it in your other topics while ago, I think it may work (post #15)

Congrats... you will love it... it gets a lot of looks... where do you boat at... what motor did you get..

Congrats and send pictures when you can.

Jack

Yes congrats. Give us more info on your Q is it a I/O or OB and what size motor?

I am a bit confused about where your teak starts and stops.

I wanted to do a full teak floor and was Quoted $10k

Thanks. It's a Yamaha F300 outboard.

I boat in Newport RI so will be the only Benny for miles around

I have never see one in ocean area especially in New England

And yup will snap many pics !!!

With I/0 engine the teak is the full length of rear lounge chairs. On the outboard it's the whole swim platform but starts at mid chair.

Thanks. It's a Yamaha F300 outboard.

I boat in Newport RI so will be the only Benny for miles around

I have never see one in ocean area especially in New England

And yup will snap many pics !!!

With I/0 engine the teak is the full length of rear lounge chairs. On the outboard it's the whole swim platform but starts at mid chair.
I have the 25R with the 350 outboard and I extended the teak to the back of the loungers just as you are describing. I'm happy I requested this to be done.

Should be recieving my 2874 QCW in champagne,no graphics,250hp verado pro. ( which i am told runs 275 hp ) Needing advice on tower speakers as i need her loud. And..... Can i attach 2 more tow points low on the tower side rails to tow 2 tubes at once? Will the tower support this? HELP

Should be recieving my 2874 QCW in champagne,no graphics,250hp verado pro. ( which i am told runs 275 hp ) Needing advice on tower speakers as i need her loud. And..... Can i attach 2 more tow points low on the tower side rails to tow 2 tubes at once? Will the tower support this? HELP
I could be wrong, but I believe you still need to use the ski pylon for tubing, or use the u-bolts in the transom area and use the towing harness. I haven't heard about using the tower for towing tubes, good question though, since I just got back from dropping my "old" boat off with my dealer and waiting for my RCW tower. As for speakers, since I haven't seen it in person yet, your best bet will be some Wet Sounds REV10's, they are amazing. Depending on how wild, and if there is a mount point usable, the REV 410 is even better! Especially if you can get a couple up there. 1 410 and 2 Rev10's are great though, that's what my cousin has on his MB Sport boat. If you REALLY want it bad ass, check out Wet Sounds new Sinister series amps, unbeatable power! And REAL power not like those crappy 2500W amps for $199!!

"...crappy 2500W amps for $199!!"

Couldn't agree more. Distortion and headroom FAR outweigh Watts. Watts are to amplifiers as pixels are to cameras. Or magnification to binoculars and telescopes. More doesn't mean better, and anytime you see rediculously HUGE numbers, it's most certain to be worse. But the general public eats it, and keeps coming back for seconds.

Post them in the gallery and then link them to the post. BTW, Nice boat.

Nice boat! Never thought about putting the number stickers on the pontoon skirting...

WOW !!! Sweet ride !!!

Nice looking boat, now I know where to catch a ride after dinner at the Black Pearl :rolleyes:

Back