Radio antenna options

princefan319

Reaction score
My radio has problem picking up stations. Has anyone connected theirs to an antenna? If so, do you have any suggestions?

you should have an antenna hooked into the back of the stereo, this (plastic/wire)antenna can be moved around under the dash to get better reception, if you can work a portion of it out and into the open this will help.

But no I have not hooked up an antenna (outside/mast)to this stereo.

Yep, the antenna is bundled up and zip tied under the helm. I cut mine loose and repositioned it for better reception.

When we travel to a more remote lake, i pull it out and 'hang' it on the bimini frame, or lay it across the front of the helm.

Well, until i got satellite radio last week :lol:

+1 on unraveling the antenna wire. It's a powered antenna (electronic) and I have it looking like a clothesline under the helm. Works great.

Prince, I put an automotive electric antennae on mine after having the same problem as you. Comes up when I turn the radio on, down when I turn it off. BUT....when I unwired the old one after the fact, I found a bad splice to 12 volt power, so it might have worked ok. Steve p.s. It's kind of like my polished tubes and power top, something else to grin about as you raft up! Steve

We added a whip antenna from a local auto parts store. Immediately helped reception.

I bought a universal power antenna from Autozone for $59 and change. It was a snap to hook up. Looks and works great.

We just stream Pandora over our cell phone. There is an auxilary input in the front of the radio. I ran a 90 degree plug out of the front of the radio and under the helm up along the right side. $8 cord from amazon. I pull the wire around to where the gps/depth finder is and secure it in the 12 volts/usb plastic caps. When we hop on the boat we fire up Pandora. No commercials and the music you want….. :) I was wondering what that was coiled up under the dash. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back